The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello All . Just browsing.

den1

Hello. This is my 1st post. I have been looking at this site for about a week and it's great. I don't have a Supra but before I go looking for a Mark IV TT I am doing research into ownership. I was thinking about Insurance for one of these group 20 cars. I live near Hythe, Southampton and I am 49 years old. The Supra will be a 2nd car for me just for weekends. I have full NCB on one car and was wondering about how much Sky Insurance would quote me. I was looking on eBay and saw a car form a local importer for £7,500 1994. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260181039912&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016 I was just wondering what you people thought of it. :)

Hi and welcome...

Take your time choosing... don't go for the first one you see. It looks tidy..however I personally don't know the importer and I would have a word with Jurgen at jm-imports (trader here), as he gets some good cars in and does have a good reputation.

Welcome aboard mate. :) Car looks clean except for graphics.

We do have a very trustworthy importer here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Drop Jurgen a line. He'll let you know what to look for regarding imports.

Also fully comp for your age should not be over £500. Green Light do agreed value insurance too. Sky has dropped this for new policies but it's worth a chat with Luke at Sky nevertheless.

Good luck. :)

:welcome: After searching forever we found AON to be the cheapest on a limited mileage policy.

Vicki x

The car looks ok but WTF are those graphics all about? If I recall, it's been up for sale for a while.

I would have a good look on auto trader and Pistonheads. There a loads of cars about so take your time, it's defo a buyers market!

AON's number is 01384 552670.....;)

H.

:hi: Welcome!

It looks in good nick although the decals are a bit dubious :blink:

But you need to check out the engine bay and have a good drive to check the turbo's are ok, no smoke etc. It would be a good idea to take someone with you who knows their supra's and what to look for. They are a friendly bunch here and I'm sure someone would be happy to come with you.

As previously said, some lovely supra's in our classified's , well looked after and pampered! :D Take your time until you find the right one and happy shopping! ;)

Linda