The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripped for respray today

Pig

Dam im tired, just had an hours kip.

Had a bit of fun before starting too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdhOSBXH_pw

My UK front and rear bumpers are now for sales (collection only) both damaged but fine for repair.

Before:

During:

After:

Repairs being carried out this week then we will start prepping for a full paint same colour.

Staying standard as im no chav ;) :p

Loosing rear wiper, toyota badge on tailgate and ariel. Changing indicators for clear as the old ones wouldnt come off the bumper.

Staying: spoiler and dildo's

Edit: Scoop not off yet as screws rusted on.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look forward to some more pics as things progress mate! :) Looks like a lot of work going in there...

If you don't mind me asking - where are you getting the work done, and do you know an approximate cost? Don't answer if you don't want to though!

look forward to some more pics as things progress mate! :) Looks like a lot of work going in there...

If you don't mind me asking - where are you getting the work done, and do you know an approximate cost? Don't answer if you don't want to though!

Doing it at work, my friend owns the smart repairs and windscreen side of the company (hence stripping in the smart repair bay) - Will cost me parts, materials and labour for the things we cant do. Prob about £1000 maybe a bit more. (using top materials :))

Ha i have just been doing exactly the same to mine, nearly every bolt snapped on the bumpers, did you have fun removing the front bumper with that active spoiler lol.

Active spoiler already off :D Bumper has been off a few times already now so was a walk in the park.....unlike the bonnet scoop.

aint the glass good fun mate, the little quarterlights at the back were my particular funny bit :(, if i were doing it again and money were no object i would just be done with and put a hammer through the lot :eyebrows:

I couldnt have done them. Thankfully my friend had it in hand. Didnt really take him much time... they were by far the hardest bit though!

How much do you want for the bumpers??

100 collection only. Thats for both.

Are not going to get some proper side skirts while its all apart will look so much nicer with them and the spats .

Car stays standard mate. :)

Looks like they know how to do a proper job :D

Love the comments on the paintwork :)

We certainly do. No point cutting corners as you just spoil your reputation.

I mean the Toyota ones mate .So it would be standard still and look so much nicer

Oh the OEM side skirts. I do agree they do look very nice. Prehaps even improve the looks of the car. However i like the car so stay looking....not fast on the outside.

Strange i know but everyone is different. (agree's it looks nicer but wont do it....:search::taped:)

Nice vids there Jon :D:D

Hope everything goes alright...:)

Thanks mate, im sure it will. Cant wait till its done! :)

We certainly do. No point cutting corners as you just spoil your reputation.

Oh the OEM side skirts. I do agree they do look very nice. Prehaps even improve the looks of the car. However i like the car so stay looking....not fast on the outside.

Strange i know but everyone is different. (agree's it looks nicer but wont do it....:search::taped:)

Thanks mate, im sure it will. Cant wait till its done! :)

Yeh lol, bet you cant mate! :D

Yeah the bonnet scoop is a c**t i had to grind the bolts off now i have to find some way of replacing the bolts lol. What bumpers are you putting on it then?

Standard bumpers again. The rear one has taken a little knock at the back and didnt go back on perfectly and the front has a crack down the side where it bolts to sh1t shield. Commen problem due to age it seems.

Think ill be ordering a new scoop today :rolleyes: