The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finished Project -alternative to a colour change

dude

thought id post this up so you guys realise that there is an allternative to a complete colour change , this UK (uhggggrhh) was the normal black , it is now ford Panther black , indoors or at night it looks no different but in the sun it is awesome , you could do the samr with red (go to say nightfire or inferno) white (pearl white ) the money saving is not having to remove doors etc and paint in the shuts , anyway decide for yourselves :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

baldyman 001.jpg

Yeah I am a fan of subtle mods and for those of you who have seen my car I think it looks really cool working on this same principle.

My paint has coarser grain metallic in it which in dull conditions is not really noticable but when the sun is shining or its parked under a street light it sparkles like a Barbie make up kit!!:D

Defo a good like IMO, much better than tose bloody flip paints.:)

Looks even smoother ona J-Spec when the overall shape of th car isn't deforemd by black plastic horns (headlamp washers!!)

What I have at the moment is "Astral Black" or "Nightfire Black" or something (factory Toyota colour), it has fine burgundy flakes in it that only show up under direct sunlight and show up all the countours and edges of the bodywork, looks gorgeous. But it's a 15 year old paintjob (lots of scratches and chips, a few carpark door dings) and I'd like something *slightly* more noticeable but the same overall effect.

This is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for, black with a little bit extra :)

Problem is I can't decide if I should add a kit, or just some wheels, or a kit and wheels... or just keep it as it is and go to the pub.... anyone want to give me £6000 so I can make my mind up?

So £1000 plus paint.... how much is a pot of black gloss and some glitter then?