The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT hard top or NA aerotop

KamaSupra

You can't compare anyway, depends what you're after, TT's are great fun, but they cost more to maintain but it's worth it for the performance, if you're not bothered by performance go for the N/A, cheap to maintain and having the roof off is really nice, but to be honest you don't get to take it off very often with our weather.

Never had the pleasure of a TT. When I chose the car the AT just stood out. For a tech muppet like me I know I would struggle to maintain a TT. Every meet I've been to the TT owners have always got some problem or tweek going on. The NA is bullet proof and still responsive enough for UK roads. I'de love to have a go down the strip and I know I would yearn for the TT manual. My ideal car would be a manual AT (with a little shot of NOS) lol

If you are really happy with NA performance and have no desire to get more power from the car, then it sounds like an NA Aero is the car for you.

Personally I'd prefer the TT hardtop anyday, better handling, much more power and potential for performance mods.

• 1 month later...

I started this thread just over a month ago, and at the time I was enough happy with the NA performance. But since the sunny weather has come out (sort of), I've been using my aero non stop. And I'm getting kinda used to the speed and it feels slowwww!!!!!!! So I've decided to join the TT crew and I'm now getting a TT conversion sometime very soon :wooohoo:

Funny how you get used to a car when you drive it more often! I would sell up and just get a hardtop TT but want to keep the aero as love the roof off. So what can I say? I've given in and converting to TT! CAN'T WAIT!

I started this thread just over a month ago, and at the time I was enough happy with the NA performance. But since the sunny weather has come out (sort of), I've been using my aero non stop. And I'm getting kinda used to the speed and it feels slowwww!!!!!!! So I've decided to join the TT crew and I'm now getting a TT conversion sometime very soon :wooohoo:

Funny how you get used to a car when you drive it more often! I would sell up and just get a hardtop TT but want to keep the aero as love the roof off. So what can I say? I've given in and converting to TT! CAN'T WAIT!

Yeah i was the same when i got my TT , fastest car in the world i thought , now im saving up all my pennys so i can make it faster :D

Strange how it feels slow once you get used to it .

I have had both now...and i think the ride of the aerotop is not as good as the hardtop, scuttle shake is my main complaint with them not so much the power.

And TT's are not so hard to maintain it's all a myth...maybe when you get the modding bug it starts...keep it sensible and it's all fine.