The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Many Thanks to Ryan-G!!! - top guy -

lockys96

Ryan, cant thank you enough!.

As im typing this your on your way back to oxford.

I booked today off specially to get my car tweeked on boost for the road and mapped on C16 race gas, not all went to plan.

I noticed when i moved my car thismorning that there was a slight oil patch on the floor. so checked the level and topped it up, also making sure i took 5litres of oil with me to surrey rolling road.

When mapping the car, came accross the problem that smoke was coming from the turbo!! upon closer inspection, it was noted that the oil drain return / line was leaking and then hitting touching the turbo, causing the smoke. (nothing is plain sailing with cars).

after the car was moved from the dyno, charlie pointed out a lot of oil dumped onto the dyno floor, of which half had been burnt off, where the external wastgate hits the floor with flames.:blink:

upon discussions with ryan, the choice was made not to run the car on race gas, and get the oil line fixed.

made 567hp at 1.6bar

after topping it back up to full, still noted a small patch of oil under the car, but thought it would still be able to limp back home to southampton.

just before ryan, wez and charlie were about to go for a curry, i had my car just started and warming up, and the oil was just seeking out and smoking of the turbo,

so without even asking or looking for advise, ryan said do not drive it, and offered to take me all the way back to southampton.

This goes beyond business, and shows ryan's true character.

Not only did i stop Ryan from having his curry with mates, but he had to drive all the way to southampton, then back to oxford, which must have been a good 3 - 4hrs.

Sorry to have made you late tonight, and late with the misses.

Cant thank you enough, and will always be happy to offer you a hand in anything i can.

Hope you get home ok

All in all, a very eventfull evening, by the way ryan, hope you enjoyed the kfc:)

Si....

Top man, he did a similar thing for me at Marham last weekend :thumbs:

EDIT: just to add, your motor has more power than mine and its an MR2, you must be crazy :lol:

yeh, its good to know we have some very good people on here!

we cant check the car on the road, due to it not being mapped on the road or fully checked over, id imagine it to be a handfull:D

onwards and upwards,

better to be safe than sorry