The mkiv Supra Owners Club

emanage ecu

wilkorangerover

AFIAK I dont believe they come mapped, unless you buy a second hand one.

I *think* you can 'zero' it so it isnt altering anything and then take it to get mapped.

Alternatively, let the mappers fit it for you so you can just drive to them with the stock ecu.

Depends on budget mate, if you can afford it/want big power go for stand alone ECUs, if you just want a healthy power upgrade on a 'budget' go piggyback. Its worth saying that the quality of the mapper makes a big difference. Ive got a Soarer, and an emanage ultimate plus a boost tweak got me 100 hp more at the wheels. No other major mods save exhaust and intake. They make a difference ;)

I went to Thor and they charged fitting an ultimate + mapping at just over 400 quid

Thats very cheap! since the EMU and harnesses without the pressure sensor is over that price from HK:blink:

100BHP at the wheels difference is a little on the err ambitious side for a piggyback and just a boost upgrade, unless your running 20-25PSI on std turbos.

In answer to wilkorangerover questions, if your already BPU then you have added around 40-50BHP anyway, a well mapped piggyback or stand alone will only make you another 20BHP at most, adding cams or running hybrids will net you a little more, its when you are running big singles that a well mapped stand alone ECU will really come into its own.

Sorry Ricky, I have 2 dyno charts pre and post EMU to compare and contrast, there was a certified 100hp gain, running 1.2bar as opposed to .9. I got all the gear, harness, 3 bar sensor and ecu second hand :)

A good map will sort the fuelling out, making it smoother, and possibly increasing economy lol

Sorry Ricky, I have 2 dyno charts pre and post EMU to compare and contrast, there was a certified 100hp gain, running 1.2bar as opposed to .9. I got all the gear, harness, 3 bar sensor and ecu from Keron second hand :)

A good map will sort the fuelling out, making it smoother, and possibly increasing economy lol

May I ask if the before and after dyno runs were taken on the same day and on the same dyno?

''Originally Posted by Swampy442

I went to Thor and they charged fitting an ultimate + mapping at just over 400 quid''

I think you'll find that the price above is for 'fitting and mapping' not including the emanage aswell. The cheapest place to get a new one is from Nic. You'll pay about £500+ for the emanage and sensors then about £400 for the fitting and mapping.

2 different dynos, 2 different styles (wheel driven and hub drive) and I know that even on the same dyno, 2 different days could give 2 different results. Im just going on what I have printed out in front of me :)

TBH, that sort of explains the huge difference. It is well known that the hub driven dynos always give a much higher figure than the wheel driven versions.

I would also suggest that as the both dyno runs were done on different machines on different days, their results (as a comparison) are meaningless.