The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz Mirror Boost Guage

SupraD06

hiya all, ivejust purchased a Blitz mirror boost guage froma member on here, and ive been searching for guides on how to wire and plum it in. ive found where to plum it in ok but in most the guides on here it says about sensors and they all seem to have 3 wires i.e red or orange or green, mine are just yellow and black, so which one is which??? also could it be tha it doesnt have a sensor as i dont think it has peak hold or anything, oh and finaly do i need this thing

yes mate just a mechanical guage, just didnt know which was live and which was earth, i assume it needs a permanent live as its a mirror guage and you wont see it until its lit up so it need it of the clock or something i guess

If my memory serves me correctly. red should be live 12v and black should be earth. I wired mine in from the ashtray light. easiest place to do it from....AAAANNDD i think the ash tray wires are black/white and black, with black/white being 12v, but check first

well i tried to put this in today and it fits perfect and wired up easy but just could sort the plumbing out for it... on a guide ive seen on here it says to make a hole in the yellow bung above the pedals which i did but when i pushed the vacuum hose through it kept coming out in the arch and the only place i could see to take it was through a ting gromit hole which is directly above the back of the arch. has anyone used this for theirs or should it come out somewhere else???

guys ive fitted the gauge and am having a game getting the vaccume hose into the engine bay through the firewall, and as ive just pulled the carpet back on the passenger side ive noticed that a vaccume hose. (from what i think is the boost controller in the dash) rather than going through the firewall can i just tee into it in the footwell or is that a bad idea??? reason i ask is because the location ive been told to use to attach the vaccume for my boost gauge is already tee'd into with the controller, so would it matter where i tap into it??? this is where ive been told to use but its already taken

hghgfhh (Medium).jpg