The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drag strip 1/4 mile. 250bhp Imreza vs Stock TT

AgtX80

My mate has an 02 impreza WRX powered up to 250bhp all the rest is stock & recons he would beat any of you lot in a stock Supra twin turbo on the drag strip 1/4 mile. Would anyone take up the challenge?

Also, how would the TT fair against that car round silverstone?

An auto would beat him all day everyday given that the driver can actually drive. A manual would still probably take it given a good launch. I'd say around a big track like Silverstone the Supra would have it again TBH but again very much depends on the driver.

I'll show him the ropes ;) Just don't tell him mine isn't stock. I doubt a stock TT would have any problems either

edit: When I went on the 1/4 mile (only done 3 runs at santa pod) I was up against a EVO FQ400, he got a better start than me with him having 4wd etc, but half way up the strip I sailed by no probs and ended up about 3 to 4 car lenghts in front. I doubt a stock impreza could get anywhere near a stock TT

He keeps saying he wants a race against mine at santa pod & around silverstone but im still not that good with the car, first time with a RWD. I said hed probably beat me, he says impreza would kill a supra round the track or off the line but i remember the supra club is off to santa pod soon, so i said one of you lot would pee all over his impreza. He says they dont allow RWD & 4WD race at the same time?

Id love for him to see what the supra is capable of. I have a slippy autobox so wouldnt fair so well on a drag & id probably not get the best out of the car on the track. I worry about engine failure, many people had turbos fail? these cars are getting on in age!

I dont think he will believe it when you waste him in a single. He maintains that hed get a much better start & the supra would never catch him before the line.

He would get a better start with me (I'm auto) but he would never get across that line before me.. NEVEEEEEEERRRR!!!

I'd put money on it too, if hes a betting man? :innocent:

before i went bpu i was catching most tuned 4x4s just as they crossed the line now im bpu even running down power in four of my cylinders (i didnt no at the time) and in the extremely wet i was catching these so called tuned 4x4 just before the finish line and i mean evos scoobies cossies you name it then in the dry i was passing them like they were stoped lol its a great feeling wipeing the smile of these clampets that think there cars are so quick haha

Guest DrifterWanaB
Stock TT is around 14 secs for the quarter mile.

Nah must be quicker than that, i did a 14.1 in my 285atf R33 GTST with a massive boot build still in

250 bhp scooby, is that ATF, if it is thats probably only running mid 14's tops