The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thinking about buying a supra, couple of questions..

Guest stushne

Guest stushne

sorry if people ask these sort of questions before, just signed up to find out alittle about supras before i take the plunge and buy one!

i was wanting a turbo manual, but they are abit more than im wanting to pay, however i have found a few very nice looking none turbo manuals.

just wondering what sort of power these are as standard and is there much that can be done with them to increase power?

what is their 0-60 etc?

my last few cars are

MR2 Rev 3 turbo

200sx S14a

how would a supra none turbo compare? any ideas?

Sounds like you want a bit of power to me. The NA's are quick ie at out 6.5 secs (0-60) The TT is about 5.1 if memory serves!

Bhp on an NA is about 220 if you find a good one. TT's are about 320 upwards!

There is very little you can do with an NA to make it faster without spending a sh!t load of money!

Don't rule out the auto on a TT though!

H.

s14 is about on par with a n/a supra imo. i drove a few when i had a interest in them they really didnt feel that fast, however its easier and less expensive to tune than a n/a supra.

my mates got a tuned s14 and there is no way quicker than my N/A

i out do him on the straights, the corners, motorways and back road driving

he always moans that i dont wait for him

oh yes, 7 years ago my last car was an S14 (and before that an S13) i would say up to about 60 mph it would keep up with a bone stock TT, going from an S14 i think you would be very dissapointed with an N/A

dont s14's have a 0-60 of about 7.5 compared with the supra tt in the mid 5's. dont make sense really lol

dont s14's have a 0-60 of about 7.5 compared with the supra tt in the mid 5's. dont make sense really lol

yes on paper the TT should feel a lot faster but in the real world and after owning both cars there is not much in it and there is no way an S13 or 14 is a 7.5 0-60 car