The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra, easy to lose traction...

Jim_1979

I have a TT auto, BPU.

I noticed more and more the past few days how easy it looses traction and just wheel spins like a crazy machine.

Especially when the 2nd turbo kicks in.

Is it down to the 19's or are these cars just bad for putting the power down?

Stock UK suspension.

275/35/19's on the rear.

I was pulling away today, reasonably steady, but enough to get the 2nd turbo to kick in and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... the tyres were spinning away.

These things must be mad with crazy power!

And the rest? The tyre size means nothing without knowing the other info. If you can check and let us know it might show any obvious issue before you start spending cash :)

With correct wheels, tires, suspension setup and geo, they're very controllable, even with 500-600bhp. (so long as it's dry ;) )

i had the same problem when i got my tt. the rear tyres on it had plenty of tread but were just complete sh1t!

i was following other members in the wet and could not physically keep up coming off of roundabouts due to wheelspin:taped:

had a couple of goodyear f1's fitted and it was fine:)

what make are the tyres?

Stock UK suspension.

275/35/19's on the rear.

I was pulling away today, reasonably steady, but enough to get the 2nd turbo to kick in and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... the tyres were spinning away.

These things must be mad with crazy power!

Pulling away with enough power to bring in the second turbo isn't gentley accelerating ;)

I get this occassionally, but it's either down to damp roads, too heavy a foot, or worn tyres. Don't scrimp on not getting decent tyres, it's the only thing that keeps you on the road as you're finding out....

Take it easy when not dry;)

A poor tyre/wheel/offset can make a massive difference. My first MK4 had about the same power as my current one, but due to bad wheel choices would spin up the wheels at the drop of a hat. With the stock wheels my current one takes some serious provoking to unstick.