The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mpg ?

Guest Dannyh

Guest Dannyh

right im looking into buying a supra TT but im abit erm... concerned about the MPG they do... as my dad has a skyline 2.5TT and that drinks fuel lol

so was just looking into what differnt people with differnt mods get to the gallon :D

please state if its a TT or had a single conversion ect & mods if any + would like to know what the book mpg figures are please

cheers people

I've owned one car thats been through standard to mid single so have some mpg figures. They're rather inconclusive to be honest, it depends completely on the roads you drive on and how hard you drive it. Can you clarify which categories you fall into?

For exmaple, BPU can get as low as 8mpg, single can be as low as 4mpg, but thats on a track ;)

Guest Dannyh

haha i wasnt worried... just curious in my current car 170bhp 1.6 na im getting around 30mpg when driving nice :p i see around high teen's/low 20's on full throttle :p so in comparison its not too bad considering a supra is a 3.0lt TT...

As hinted at before it's all down to driving style and what you use the car for. I've averaged over 30mpg for extended periods with both the BPU TT and single (very little boost on both). Then again I've averaged 14mpg on both doing short journeys and harder driving.

Overall I'd say about 18mpg is about right for a fairly lead footed driver on a manual TT/well mapped single

For a TT you need high octane fuel and the price of this has gone up almost 20p a litre in the last year, it is not a car to own if you want economy, but it does return more smiles for your miles (how cheezy is that :D)

I do have a Camaro that makes the Supra look like a diesel in comparison however !! :D

I disagree... you do not need high octane fuel in a TT.

I disagree... you do not need high octane fuel in a TT.

Correct, but using normal unleaded your TT will not boost correctly. Iirc J-Spec cars run better on high octane as that is what is sold at the pumps in Japan.

UK specs can run on normal unleaded with no issue.

Guest Dannyh

theres figures seem very resonable considering the engine size + 2 turbo's

this was 1 of the main conserns about a supra lol but good fun dont come cheap aye :D

theres figures seem very resonable considering the engine size + 2 turbo's

Turbo cars can actually be pretty economical if driven off boost, I got nearly 35mpg from my BPU on a motorway run, stayed in 6th and didn't go over 70 (apart from once - it was the BMW 330s fault :D ), but what's the fun in that!!

mine TT cost me about 60quid to fill up 97RON, god knows how but i managed 265 miles leamington to mount hawke in cornwall with still just under half a tank left....me was quite chuffed to say the least!!, although having said that i used nearly the same on couple of laps of castle coombe :(

That's about 35mpg - v. impressive!

right im looking into buying a supra TT but im abit erm... concerned about the MPG they do... as my dad has a skyline 2.5TT and that drinks fuel lol

so was just looking into what differnt people with differnt mods get to the gallon :D

please state if its a TT or had a single conversion ect & mods if any + would like to know what the book mpg figures are please

cheers people

Do you mean a 2.6tt or a 2.5t;)

80 litres = 200-220 miles, medium single turbo auto.

I did 212 miles on 40 litres fully loaded to marham at 5am-7am in an experiment to see how much I could get.. have not worked it out but that's not bad!

It was cruising at 50-70 and never saw positive boost.

When I got to Marham... that was a different story; 80lt in 120 miles :)

Guest mattsupra

so just out of curiosity

mine is a jspec auto n/a so do i have to put higher octane fuel in that too? i have used normal unleaded once and it didnt seem to make any difference to power

matt

Guest mattsupra

my gts-t 2.5single turbo skyline wasnt too bad on runs but in town it ate the fule up big time and i know my supra is an n/a but its way better on fuel even so than my mondeo 1800 estate

matt