The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need a TT

d00gzy

Hmmmm, ive had my NA for nearly a year now and really want a TT. Was coming home from work today and was almost very embarrassed by a 2007 renault clio world series 2 litre thing .... :-( Any TT's in Scotland reasonably priced? How long did it take anyone else to go from an NA to the mighty TT?

Hmmmm, ive had my NA for nearly a year now and really want a TT. Was coming home from work today and was almost very embarrassed by a 2007 renault clio world series 2 litre thing .... :-( Any TT's in Scotland reasonably priced? How long did it take anyone else to go from an NA to the mighty TT?

Took me all of 9 months

I have a TT and tbh, I would own a very nice unique looking n/a Aerotop if it looked the part.

My first sup was an aerotop NA, bit of a love hate thing went on for a year. Loved the roof off, hated the chassis flex and damp seats when it rained, loved the sheer grip from the 16" stock wheels and toyos, hated being chased by allsorts mostly keeping up too except on corners.:D ( once had a 90's type R civic nearly fly off a corner trying to keep up with it, I'm sure he was on 3 wheels) Loved the auto in town and long drives, hated the auto with a passion on the country twisties and you cant blip the throttle on down changes.:(

Now after two years with my TT 6sp I cant make my mind up, yeah its silly fast in a straight line but the NA was def more confidence inspiring on the corners meaning all sorts keep up with me on the twisties now but you fly away on the straights.

Anyway there's always something faster or someone more nuts behind the wheel than yourself so its whatever your happy with.:)

Anyway there's always something faster or someone more nuts behind the wheel than yourself so its whatever your happy with.:)

Great post and very true! I love my NA but sometimes feel that I could be beaten by an average Beemer.....:rolleyes: If there was no one else on the road, I'd be more than happy with my NA....;)

I do feel a TT conversion coming on though!!

H.

Get a TT and then enjoy getting almost very embarrassed by the Megane Sports jobbies.

They are very quick off the mark cars and don't suffer much in the way of spool. You can only shake them when the Supra gets to stretch it's legs.

what about nos on the n/a? like you say n/a's have there plus and minus points, so would nitros be good for overcoming the odd need for speed?:D also i no nothing about nos so any one have any ideas how well the engine would cope and what sort of performance you could expect?

what about nos on the n/a? like you say n/a's have there plus and minus points, so would nitros be good for overcoming the odd need for speed?:D also i no nothing about nos so any one have any ideas how well the engine would cope and what sort of performance you could expect?

This causes mega problems with insurance doesn't it?

H.

I have a TT and tbh, I would own a very nice unique looking n/a Aerotop if it looked the part.

Saying that, I'd be keeping it with scope to put a TT engine in it in the long run.

Now that sounds like a plan! having sold my TT... still looking for my nxt car. Looking at a westfield for fun, but on the road, just cant really decided!

Get a TT and then enjoy getting almost very embarrassed by the Megane Sports jobbies.

They are very quick off the mark cars and don't suffer much in the way of spool. You can only shake them when the Supra gets to stretch it's legs.

It does not even need to be a sport "jobbie"... Most clios would take the supra 0 - 20... Once the supra get traction, its a different story :eyebrows:

It does not even need to be a sport "jobbie"... Most clios would take the supra 0 - 20... Once the supra get traction, its a different story :eyebrows:

The Megane sport models in particular are more than capable of hassling a Supra through the twisties. They weigh less and pretty much go the instant you hit the throttle. Like I've said previously you'll need to get to a decent straight to leave one behind.

I'd argue that unless you drive exclusively on m-ways you'll use more of a hot hatches power more often than you would the full power of a Supra.

Proper point and squirt cars. I'd love one.

I'm sure the hot hatches are fun but i'm hooked on RWD, can't see me ever spending big bucks on a FWD car........

I'll keep the supra because of this, its looks, the high cost of any other newer RWD choices, its quality/reliability, the fact i know my way around one and can maintain and hopefully repair should it be necessary, and for me its 'x' factor.............i just feel at home in one and haven't tired of driving them........hope i never do :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've a mint black NA aerotop and sometimes I think of getting rid of it for a TT. But I just love having the roof off! And because its in such amazing condition I haven't been able to part with it. Would like to get a TT put under the bonnet but don't know if I would start getting engine problems as my mate was forever having problems with his.