The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are these indicators or side lights?

Supra ST Myster

• 3 weeks later...
Guest p_streaks

Hey how can you change them from side turn indicators to just side markers like the US? IMO they look better as side markers so its in sync with the rears?

Hey how can you change them from side turn indicators to just side markers like the US? IMO they look better as side markers so its in sync with the rears?

If I'm correct you just change the wires from the indicators to the sidelights and job done! On UK cars will still have to have repeaters to stay legal though

Not to worry - found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-TOYOTA-SUPRA-Mk-4-CLEAR-BUMPER-SIDE-MARKER-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ270228834068QQcmdZViewItem

which shows orange bulbs as part of the auction lot so I assume you need the bulbs too! Also says it's a straight swap. Coolio.

Dont forget though that you can buy 'silvertech' bulbs which are clear but when flashing, are orange. Ive got a set at home waiting to go on when i get my clear side indicators...:)

Not to worry - found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-TOYOTA-SUPRA-Mk-4-CLEAR-BUMPER-SIDE-MARKER-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ270228834068QQcmdZViewItem

which shows orange bulbs as part of the auction lot so I assume you need the bulbs too! Also says it's a straight swap. Coolio.

I just got mine from here:

TOYOTA SUPRA 97-98 CLEAR SIDE/FRONT BUMPER LIGHTS

who are prepared to ship internationally and take PayPal (the other member wouldn't despite what the ad. might say). Also a bit cheaper, although the P&P seemed expensive ($30) but was actually correct (according to the USPS label on the box when it arrived). They arrived within 10 days and even came with bulbs, albeit the orange ones. I'm happy to stick with these but I can see that if you're not into that "fried egg" look (and have maybe pulled the amber part out of your facelift front indicators), you might be binning these anyway.

They look great on but, at least if you have the SMIC, can be a b1tch to fit. If you're undecided on bulb colour, I would stongly advise NOT changing your mind after fitting them. ;)

Whilst we're on the subject of oBoy bargains, against my better judgement, I bought these:

H.I.D Conversion XENON KIT HID H4 H8 D2R D2S 9005 9006

because for the money (£15 although here the P&P is a rip-off), I thought where could I go wrong? Especially when I "invested" in this to go with it:

HID Fuse Relay Wiring Harness Lighting Headlight Lamp

Frankly, given the source, I was amazed with the quality of both items: the HID kit was overengineered if anything; the wiring kit made fitting a doddle (meant I could put the ballast units where I wanted - loads of room under the lights and 'stealth' too); result was amazing and that's just with 4300K (OEM) bulbs too ... :sly:

• 2 weeks later...
i need help. how do i make my headlight look light glass? do you know anyone have angel light to fit my headlight? let me know send me e-mail [email protected]

Please stop doing this, it's very annoying.

If you have a question, use the search button, if it's not already been answered, post a new thread. For gods sake don't keep replying to unrelated threads.

You've been warned about this already, another one and you will be banned.