The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying Advise Please Help

Guest essex_jamie

Guest essex_jamie

Hi, when i start looking at the n/a supra's i would just like to know what are the most common problems too look for.

Also what do i check on a automatic gearbox's to ake sure they are good, what can i do to test the out as i have never had a auto, preferably i will get a manuel but i'm keeping my options open.

Thanks Jamie

preferably i will get a manuel

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1869/manuelpz3.jpg

The NA's are bomb proof mate. I have had mine for 14 months without hardly any engine related problems. I have had a coolant leak from a pin hole in a rubber pipe and a fuel leak from a corroded pipe. Besides that it has been superb for a 12 year old car.

Just try to find one that has obviously been well looked after and will have a lot of bills to back up the extent of the maintenance! The auto's are great but I prefer the driving experience of a manual!

H.