The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BIG POWER'd SUPRA ADVICE!

Project Blitz

Blitz active Dual clutch

this is all he knows of the clutch!

tbh its not the power im worried about as i know the guy is 100% I will get the full list, but does anyone know what sort of clutch will handle that power and any recomendation also price of fitting

I need to weigh it up wether its worth it for me!

He's asking for clutch advise and you're asking him what brakes and ECU he's using? (but I know what you're getting at ;))

...The Southbend DXD-F is excellent but if you really are genuinely pushing 700BHP then I'm not sure it would be man enough?

i will provide all the figures and details!

but if i cant sum up the price of the clutch i wont be buying!!

this is why its important that i can do my research fully cos i really want it!

i have family in japan so i can get cars at good prices, but this is a special one, i would love to keep forever! lol

so help me!!!

Surely if the clutch is going to be too much for you then you should leave it alone anyway, if its a genuine 700hp motor its going to cost a lot to keep it on the road.

For 700hp you should really be looking at multiplate setups, possibly tripple. I know my twin plate OS Giken wouldnt hold that for very long.

Just a note as well, I have found that clutches are normally rated against torque not power even though everyone quotes a power figure when searching.

Surely if the clutch is going to be too much for you then you should leave it alone anyway, if its a genuine 700hp motor its going to cost a lot to keep it on the road.

Exactly, the cost of the clutch is a drop in the ocean compared to running it.

To be on the safe side budget about a £1k for a clutch if it needs to be replaced (plus a bit to fit). As Wez says, you're going to be looking at multiplate clutches and they are not cheap!

If you're worried about spending a few grand on it here and there then it's not adviable to buy something of that power.

thats not i'm trying to say!

I own two skylines at the moment i can afford the car!

I am trying to work out wether its worth me getting a car that is all ready or wether this will work out cheaper if i do the clutch here in UK

I can get from 450bhp Supras up to a 950hp one offered to me last week! but this is going cheaper due to the work that needs doing

any other clutch's i can look at?

I think dynoed its 748bhp

Can you provide either of those clutches for a very good price Gaz? :innocent:

Well they aren't cheap put it that way but we still have the same RPS Carbon Carbon in our Supra exactly as it come from RPS over 3 years ago and its done more than a 200 drag runs since then!

Gaz.

The OS Giken triple plate also needs a movement reversal kit and a set of short flywheel bolts. I can supply the clutches and associated parts for a good price. A genuine 700 HP 2jz-gte engine is mega high maintenance and will need race fuel. For every hundred imports with a claimed 700 HP I'd say one is genuine. You'll know if it's the real McCoy as it will eat drive trains and stuff and almost certainly be as laggy as hell.