The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i'm bored being single...

supraspeed

hi people.

as some of you might know, i had a rather annoying crash...well forced off the road about 4 months back and into a tree. supras being fixed but its given me time to reflect on what i want. its a single turbo conversion so rather quick to say the least but a bit to much hassel for everyday driving... like the big lag, no traction control and the fuel consumption of a single. so i'm thinking bout selling it and maybe getting another car....after many cosworths and other outrageous toys i'm thinking of just getting a standard..ish manual twin turbo. mainly cos greenlight have quoted me really well. but i'm still not completly convinced...ive got bout a 10k budget (inc supra sale) so i just wanna know a few opinions on what u lot think bout it???

its a single turbo conversion so rather quick to say the least but a bit to much hassel for everyday driving... like the big lag, no traction control and the fuel consumption of a single. so i'm thinking bout selling it and maybe getting another car....

Perhaps you need to look at your setup? As i can honestly say i've not notice any turbo lag, with 285 F1's on the back traction has not been an issue! and not that i'm bothered about fuel consumption but I can get 25-30mpg on a good run. BTW my car is also a daily drive in rush hour/city center commuting.

Saying that i do agree with Chris the R33's GTR are a really nice car!

My mate is selling a tidy R32 gtr skyline, mines tuned and kitted for 7k. I had the choice to go single on mine, stuck with twins. Ive got 323 whp and 321 torques, IMO thats plenty fast enough for real world driving, keeps me smiling lol.

*Sigh* if only I could have afforded to buy and run something like a Supra when I was 21...

yea dont know how much bhp mine is running but it puts a massive smile on my face when i plant the right pedal :cool:

I have always wanted a supra ever since i was little, a few years ago, me and a few mates was talking about what cars we would be driving when we are 21 and i said a supra tt. But they just laffed and said dream on so on my 21st i thought stuff it, you only live once so i got the car of my dreams. See the look on there faces when i turned up in it :D

A TT wont be any less of a licence looser then your NA-T, and if your NA-T is as laggy as you say then a TT could be quicker still...

I would first get yours dyno'd while you at least have it, that way you know exactly where it sits in the power band and can compare how you think you would dirve a TT with say 'X' less power, while also having a good idea if yours is set up correctly.....

But unfortunately your NA-T will probably be a lot more to insure then any stock TT just due to the amount its had done to it to get it to that power level, but does that extra cost warrent selling your NA-T that you would get 'Y' amount for and have to put 'Z' amount to to buy a TT........?

Thats your X, Y, Z lol.......:D