The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do I need Electric Fans?

R3DG3CKO ROB

Is it reccomended to have the twin electric fans on a BPU Supra?

I'm currently running my N/A without the fan shroud as it doesn't fit with the Top Secret Bonnet... I'm considering getting the electric fans fitted when I have the conversion done but is it a waste of money?

Real question is; does anyone run a bpu TT without the fan shroud?

It's extremely bad practice to run without the shroud, fan efficiency will have fallen dramatically. When the weather gets hotter you may have serious problems. You may get them NOW in heavy traffic. To sell a bonnet whereby a major item of the cars cooling system has to be removed is just ludicrous. Electric fans can move nothing like the volume of air that the engine driven viscous one can, in hot conditions, they aren't in the same league. I dare not suggest the proper course of action, but I am sure you can guess.... :)

A shroud works by sealing the fan tips to stop air spilling around the edges. As far as i can see the only place a bonnet might interfere is at the top, where the only mod I can think of would un shroud the fan. Some people get by with electric fans, some suffer overheating. I'd sell the bonnet and go back to stock myself, and not risk it. I sense this may not be too appealing to you though ;) Can't you modify the bonnet to clear? If you cut enough out of it it *may* get close to the weight of a stock one.... :)

It's the structural part inside the bonnet that catches on the shroud, so probably wouldn't be advisable to start hacking into it :) I don't understand why someone would design a bonnet to fit a car and then it doesn't fit!

I think I'm gonna have to go for the electric option and keep my fingers crossed...

Is it reccomended to have the twin electric fans on a BPU Supra?

I'm currently running my N/A without the fan shroud as it doesn't fit with the Top Secret Bonnet... I'm considering getting the electric fans fitted when I have the conversion done but is it a waste of money?

Real question is; does anyone run a bpu TT without the fan shroud?

TS 2 bonnet?? if so mine fits with the shroud no probs...