The mkiv Supra Owners Club

26 MPG with TT at 1.0bar

dandan

What do you think chaps, with mixed driving (some motorway, round town, steady cruising, and of course some ramping it) I managed to achieve 25.6mpg, getting 290miles out of 3/4 of a tank (51litres).

This was with Optimax, at 1.0bar, lower decat, Trial exhaust. I was happily surprised.

Not bad???

I get 300-310 miles from a tank most times, usually get 340-360 on a motorway run.

This is travelling at a speed of 85mph maybe 90ish.

I did a test a while back, travelling at 70mph on the dot and the most got from a tank was 370-390, but that was with little turbo usage.

Last outing for my car on saturday before she goes into Abbey Motorsport for some repairs on monday:( Its not going to be cheap either

i got 140 miles on 1/8th of a tank on a trip from liverpool to middlesbro...........in my golf TDi tho lol

u lot seem to have a big range in ur fuel usage! how much a week wud a 75 mile trip mon to fri cost, unmodded 96 TT6 apart from a decent exhaust and takin it pretty easy and not usin too much turbo? tryin to decide whether to get a supra in july or get a bike instead

Not sure about the consumption on your trip, but my consumption is quite high, but then I use the turbos as often as for as long as possible, I just can't help it, if I wasn't supposed to, then Toyota wouldn't have put them there in the first place. :)

Ben..

P.S. I have intellistart and always allow the car to flow oil before driving, and normally wait until it reaches just below operating temp before driving it hard.

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Average in the manual is about 300 to a full tank with varied driving... Average in the auto was about 230...

Roy, we don't all live in London, that's how ;)

Thats cause you drive all GEI like and like you cant see where your going (sorry forgot you cant !!!!!, ushers broken down car out of side turn !!!!) :D

Dude:flame Dev