The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Review: Chris Wilson track suspension

Wez

Hey All,

This weekend was the first time I got to use the CW track suspension is anger, only one word can describe this setup, incredible. It feels so solid on the road and the turn in is nice and sharp. If the back end does start to twitch its not a drama and you can easily correct it.

I took a few people out over the weekend including Si and Ryan and various other marshals etc, I think all of them were suprised at how well it went through the corners.

I think I suprised a few other cars including caterhams and alike.

Top stuff indeed :thumbs:

I was Damn Impressed! Never thought a whale could go round a corner like you made it Wes.

Great Setup Chris :thumbs:

I have the track Bug again now mate so gunna start booking up some track days for once a month and get my car fully sorted.

Ryan

me too,

can you tell me what the best/easiest video editing softwear is?

I borrowed my old mans HD camera and have at least 12 gig worth!

I use windows movie maker as its free ;)

There are some others on the market but i found they dont really offer anything more for the cost and can also be complicated.

I was confident you'd like it Wes, sorry you have trashed a new rad though, and what's that about the exhaust?

Airfield days are far harder on paint and IMO more dangerous than running on "proper" full size race track, purely because of the pebble dashing from all the small stones and shrapnel that invariably litter them, and the fact you can find pot holes, cut off steel posts, assorted junk hiding in the grass to roll you or do terrible things to the underside. So if you are the type to worry about stone chips (sad IMHO ;)) a place like Donington or Silverstone will cause you far less grief, paintwork wise. Sounds like a good day for most.

I would be interested in raising the car an inch and seeing what it was like then. When you get into wet track days (the best...) I have a few tricks we can use. I pride myself on a good wet set up ;)

I was confident you'd like it Wes, sorry you have trashed a new rad though, and what's that about the exhaust?

Crazy amounts of grip :thumbs:

The exhaust erm, yeah, its not attached to the car anymore :D

I dont know if you recall but the downpipes are push on fittings with clamps, a speed bump pulled it off, I will get it up on a ramp this week and check it out but hopefully shouldnt be too bad :(