The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice to unmodded Supra owners

pulse

Buy a NUR spec - they're bloody FANTASTIC!!

Had mine fitted today, cost bugger all and had the baffle removed at the same time. The sound is amazing, I've heard them all at meets and I've done tunnel drives with others but nothing quite prepares you for the sound your own car makes as you wheel it slowly down the street from your mechanic..

..then step on the gas and listen to the ponies work their magic at high RPM :)

Incredible sound, simply incredible.. get yours - TODAY. :D Combine it with a nice induction kit and a good dump valve and it sounds like a growling, snorting monster has been unleashed every time you put your foot down.

Grinning wide...

-p

Originally posted by pulse

Incredible sound, simply incredible.. get yours - TODAY. :D Combine it with a nice induction kit and a good dump valve and it sounds like a growling, snorting monster has been unleashed every time you put your foot down.

Grinning wide...

-p

Can they go on a NA :innocent:

how much was one roughly mate, ill hear steves at weekend on way to meet but he will be so far behind it will be very quiet! :D

Faye bought one from the same group buy I did (AFAIK), all came as JZA-80 VVTI exhausts which as far as I'm aware fits all models (fits mine anyway without VVTI). Faye drives an NA.

I paid £455 for the exhaust (full cat-back thingy, not just back box) from Envy, but I think the price has gone up a little now.

Buy one! :D

-p

WSB2 - I got mine on the same group buy as Pulse and Faye, they have gone up in price now though due to Gaz having some problems with shipping costs.

Still worth the money though. Looks and sounds great!

Pulse/Faye - Does yours make a really low V8 (well okay not a V8, but quite a cool sound) noise to about 3000rpm and then get quiter when Mr 2 Turbo says hello?

Its supposed to louder again when decatted:D

Oh, and WSB2, your going down! I was gonna stomp you in to the ground on half throttle, but now........:flame Dev

White sup, your NA will be even louder, if your completely stock you might want to consider the blitz back box only (replaces the last stock back box). I've got this on mine and it burbles nicely without being intrusive and has absolutely no ground clearance issues, but it may not be loud enough for you?

I'm quite interested in how Faye's car sounds compared to mine, so i'll have to have a listen on saturday.

It makes a very deep burble until ~3000odd, but yes it does seem to .. well, not be quiet (anything but), however doesn't increase in volume as much through the rest of the rev range. I'm not sure if I'd expect it to, though. Probably a good thing anyway :)

I should mention that those who have ground clearance issues near their homes or places they regularly drive should probably avoid one - I've already scraped mine on a speed bump at work (but going over it a little slower solved that). It does sit DAMN low to the ground, 3 inches clearance at best.

TBH I've only done about 4 miles since it was put on (I do have to be at work for most of the day, unfortunately) but I'll have a little play tonight and let you know :)

Edit: I forgot to mention mine's been lowered anyway, which won't help the clearance any :D

-p

Originally posted by Scooter

White sup, your NA will be even louder, if your completely stock you might want to consider the blitz back box only (replaces the last stock back box). I've got this on mine and it burbles nicely without being intrusive and has absolutely no ground clearance issues, but it may not be loud enough for you?

I'm quite interested in how Faye's car sounds compared to mine, so i'll have to have a listen on saturday.

Ill have to have a listen to yours as well on saturday

steve w2 - try and overtake me if u dare, im gonna hire some mates to come in as lane blockers :p

The Nurspec is the best bit of money I've spent on my car recently. I've set car alarms off, I've given myself a headache because its so loud and best of all people have turned around to see what was coming up from behind them.

Mine makes the most fantastic noise with the baffle out and at about 3000revs there is the most tremendous noise and thrum(sp) going through the car.

I have the most wonderful car in the world!!!!!!

:D

Originally posted by Elliot

Does the NUR spec set off your own alarm? ]

I have a Clifford 600 on mine (which I still can't use properly!) & want to get an NUR spec after xmas - if it will go on a NA ok & there are no alarm problems...

It only makes noise while your car is running.. if the alarm is on and your car is running, something's wrong :D Its mere presence isn't what sets off car alarms :)

-p