The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I can only get Unleaded 95 in bude

hemmjonny

Hi all i live in Cornwall bude and for the last 2 weeks my local garage were i get fuel is only selling 95. what can i do i have had a look on the net at octane boost but most ppl say it dont work.

does anyone know one that does?

Thanks

Jonathan

Sorry forgot to ad its a JSpec Auto TT 93

Keancy lives in tintagel pm her see where she gets hers

I go and fill up at Tregonning in Wadebridge every 2 weeks, that's the closest one to me. Bit of a pain in the ass. I do occasionally just run it on a bit of unleaded when I am desperate but you can tell the difference.

lol yeah that sounds easy just move. I take it that my research was right then non of the octane boosters work then. I still have enough 97 till last me to the end of the week. then i will have to start putting 95 in it if esso dont start selling it again. I was told its not good for the car to run it on 95 is that just a myth then?

cheers

Jonathan

Thats what i heard too, i always use v-power. just to make you jealous, they are opening up a new station 2 miles down the road from me right outside of where i work :D. Start a petition

LOL that will be a waste of time mate, we live in Cornwall. Rather then bring us up to speed with the rest of the Country we seem to be going backwards in many respects.

Dare you to come down here and try to use the public transport. What a laugh that is. :rolleyes:

OK allay your fears the car will run on 95. It won't like it much but it will run. Temperatures aren't so high this time of year so det won't kill your engine. I'd advise you just take it a bit easy and plod on through the crisis. In your spare time I would really get a water meths kit and fit that which will make future 97 RON shortages a lot more acceptable.

lol yeah that sounds easy just move. I take it that my research was right then non of the octane boosters work then. I still have enough 97 till last me to the end of the week. then i will have to start putting 95 in it if esso dont start selling it again. I was told its not good for the car to run it on 95 is that just a myth then?

cheers

Jonathan

Have Bude stopped selling it all together Jonny, or just run out?