The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Dont Believe What I Have Done!!!

mplavery

Was on the way to teach martial arts this morning and i thought i would take the Supra. When you get there, there is a electric gate which Automaticly opens but in the middle of the road there is a little metal stopper where the gates rest when closed. Anyway i have been over this thing loads of times...WELL NOT TODAY

On the way out the bumper caught it and Fu**ed the bumper!!!!

Really Pi***d off. This was a Org Do-Luck front bumper as well

I feel like selling it now :(

here some pics...

This was this morning

Now this

I have lost all enthusiasm for the car now...Im always carefull as well...Cant put a Org bumper on it, it will just upset me even more.

Mate don't be on a downer.Thats not a hard fix,any good body shop will have that sorter good as new.Chin up son.

Mate seriously... get it sorted. That's a stunning car you've got there. If you can't get it repaired I'm sure you can find a replacement bumper. Personally I'd save for a new Do-luck orig and grin and bear it for a while or possibly pick up a stock bumper cheap for a temp fix?

well i have camed down from it now....im going to take it to the body shop in a week or two , see what they say, if i have to get a new bumper i will get a do-luck copy, cant afford to buy a org one.......

Remember the teachings of Mr Miyagi...Wax on - Wax off! :D

hope you get it sorted mate

im sure someone can fix it

if not have a go yourself

Its not that hard to do really. I got a mate to do my old Bomex one and it came out pretty well, and that was in 3 pieces at the bottom at one point, with a little bit missing:blink:

It was only after an encounter with a badger a few weeks later that I thought sod it, new one:D

Its not that hard to do really. I got a mate to do my old Bomex one and it came out pretty well, and that was in 3 pieces at the bottom at one point, with a little bit missing:blink:

It was only after an encounter with a badger a few weeks later that I thought sod it, new one:D

im currently fixing a rear veilside bumper, learning on the way and it doesnt seem that bad,bit messy to start with but im getting there

and if i can do it, many people can

Exactly. If you can, always have a go. If it doesn't go to plan you can always start it again or get it done properly. It cost me a bit in materials but if it wasnt for the bloody badger it would have been no problem keeping it on and a lot cheeper than a new one:)

If its getting done by a pro find out how much it would be compared to getting a new one though:)