The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Real world 0-60 times?

ratm

I have a completely stock j-spec 6-speed. from your experience, what have you got as a 0-60 time on those with stock 6-speed TTs?

I know it is meant to be 4.9-5.1secs seems to vary from where you read it.

I had a go yesterday and I could only manage 6.1secs which to be honest was a little disappointing. if I'd managed to get well into the 5's I'd have been satisfied given it's 10 years old and bone stock. I managed 5.7 in my old mkiii supra which was running 300bhp after all!

What has everyone else managed to get? Would be good if you could post up times as a comparison.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a completely stock j-spec 6-speed. from your experience, what have you got as a 0-60 time on those with stock 6-speed TTs?

I know it is meant to be 4.9-5.1secs seems to vary from where you read it.

I had a go yesterday and I could only manage 6.1secs which to be honest was a little disappointing. if I'd managed to get well into the 5's I'd have been satisfied given it's 10 years old and bone stock. I managed 5.7 in my old mkiii supra which was running 300bhp after all!

What has everyone else managed to get? Would be good if you could post up times as a comparison.

Havent measure mine im afriad, but there was a lad on here a while ago with an auto N/A who was absolutley adamant that he had done 0 to 60 in 5 secs dead. Everyone slated him and i dont believe it either, but if one thing did come out of that thread, i was that it seems very hard indeed to replicate those "book" times. Lots of people though mid 5s for TT 7s for N/A.

Maybe its the driver :p:D

This is a valid point, however I did manage a good time in my old mkiii, different car granted but not that different, and also same tyres as I had on that car on same alloys.....

But what can other people manage? Nobody seems willing to say or you just don't bother trying? I'm always interested to know as it's a simple bench mark without going out the way to get it on a dyno.

Basically my questions boils down to should I be concerned about it, maybe something wrong somewhere with the engine or is it easily attributed to needing some new plugs or better tyres or a combination of other little things?

to me, 0-60 times mean nothing on a standard car, they just give you a rough idea of where your car stands with other cars, its all just numbers. On the day theres so many factors that could affect the cars acceleration, of course with an auto box youre removing the weakest link. Suppose once youve modded it, it becomes more important.

I think youre going to get told to search for "power braking" as regards to the best way to launch the auto car.

I think the thread starter has a 6 speed going from his sig. Not sure how power braking will help him there guys! :)

The Supra's a fat waster of a car, so getting it moving quickly isn't exactly a strong point. Just sit back, chill and look cool, while the chav in the punto next to you has a sweat on trying to keep up, with you on half throttle :cool:

but there was a lad on here a while ago with an auto N/A who was absolutley adamant that he had done 0 to 60 in 5 secs dead. Everyone slated him and i dont believe it either

Shhh he may come back!

my N/A was 5.9 no bull s**t there a video on you tube. i proved it last time some one put a post up about 0-60 times lol

Oh god not again :(