The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin turbo supra MPG

Guest _Olly_

Guest _Olly_

people say mpg on the twin turbo spura is around 25/30 at best. could people please post what mpg they are getting. im getting around 35 tops with my corsa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _Olly_
I am getting about 19mpg, that's with town driving and some 140 lepton blasts on the dual carriageway to work.

I am toying with changing the o2 sensor.

what miles are you getting to a tank and how much fill up??

Guest _Olly_
Hi & Welcome :)

Use the search button as it will give lots of answers to the most common questions;)

I think about 20mpg is an average for a TT.

i did use the search but couldnt find exact figures. i know vbulletin quite well

Guest _Olly_
You don't buy a TT Supra if you're in the very least concerned about fuel consumption.

yeh i was expecting that! im only 20 so on sh1t wage! we'll see though!

Guest _Olly_
At 20 it's the insurance you should be worried about :)

insurance aint a problem :) insurance on a tt supra is less than my 1.8 corsa and its running over twice the power!!

:yeahthat:

& 300+ horses thru the rear wheels after you have been used to driving a corsa.

I was just going to say that.

I would also be worried about stacking it.

They are a handful, I had never driven RWD before the Supra, so I took my time. Only blasted it on a straight etc. Even on straights the slightest camber in the road will make the rear step-out.

But I had driven some fairly quick cars. So already had a bit of experience with relatively quick cars.

Guest _Olly_
:yeahthat:

& 300+ horses thru the rear wheels after you have been used to driving a corsa.

doesnt mean i can't drive? its all about experience

insurance aint a problem :) insurance on a tt supra is less than my 1.8 corsa and its running over twice the power!!

Are you sure you've been quoted on a mkiv? UK or J Spec? Unless you're driving on a parents insurance or a trade policy you wouldn't be looking at much change out of say £2k!

Only had the car a month or so & with the wet weather ive not had much chance to see what the car can do but we've had some nice sunny days the last couple of weekends, so ive been having a pointless drive for fun now & then with a lot of throttle action, this usually involves having to stop to fill up. Dont know the MPG but its not many when youre using all the power.

doesnt mean i can't drive? its all about experience

Nobody said you couldn't but I classed myself as inexperienced when I bought mine. Even though I had been driving 7 years.

As I had no experience whatsoever in driving this type of car.

Even my insurance was higher due to this. The bloke at Sky said this.

How'd you manage that,Whats the secret?

1.8 Corsa insurance group 9, UK supra 19, think imports the same, I'd make double sure you weren't quoted for a mk 3 :search:

Guest _Olly_
if your worried about fuel consumption, ehhh maybe a 3 litre twin turbo is possibly not the car for you :eyebrows:

im just enquiring what it was. thats what forums are about arent they??

Are you sure you've been quoted on a mkiv? UK or J Spec? Unless you're driving on a parents insurance or a trade policy you wouldn't be looking at much change out of say £2k!

on neither. ill get 900 pund change out of 2k thanks very much