The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heya

Guest Nutk1n

Guest Nutk1n

Hi im James. I thought i would join up.

Basicly i an an electrical engineering student and i have a year or so left of uni, i really want a supra and got fed up with not seeing the pictures lol.

I currently drive a 2005 Leon Diesel remaped pusing about 150BHP and 310lb/ft torque. This is mostly due to me commuting 50 miles a day to uni.

But in July i start a work placement that is 2 miles from my house so gives me scope to aford a more, "fuel unfriendly" car :)

Should they offer me a job then i should most likely be looking for a supra :)

Hope a german car is welcome :p

James

Hope a german car is welcome :p

James

The car isn't but you sure are.... Keep the faith until you get the chance then exploit it to it's fullest.

Get down to Japfest next Month and meet the forum and their cars. That way you'll never change your mind!

Guest Nutk1n
The car isn't but you sure are.... Keep the faith until you get the chance then exploit it to it's fullest.

Get down to Japfest next Month and meet the forum and their cars. That way you'll never change your mind!

I wont change my mind, i've loved supras since i first saw one. I would have one sooner but i dont have a stable job yet so couldnt aford the maintanence and a nice german diesel was cheap to insure and maintain.

Just having a read around to get the feel for what i want :)

First question though. Is there any particular reason to them having an auto box?? seems a little strange to me but im sure there is a simple answer.

My heads saying get a manual but they seem to be fewer in number so just wondering if there was a reason to it?

First question though. Is there any particular reason to them having an auto box?? seems a little strange to me but im sure there is a simple answer.

My heads saying get a manual but they seem to be fewer in number so just wondering if there was a reason to it?

Well they are cheaper for a start, and if it's your every day driver and you are in slow moving or stop start traffic, it can be quite tiresome with a manual. That said though when you're pushing it on there is nothing that compares to moving up and down the box when you want to rather than the computer doing it. Especially as it always likes to kick down halfway around a corner in my experience.

I haven't driven the manual Supra, although I know If i did I would want one!

Before I had my TT I was really put off by the word 'auto' in the advertisement and couldnt imagine a perfomance car being automatic, however I think the supra autobox is is pretty special and I find it always knows what gears to kickdown to.

Sometimes its nice just to be able to sink your right foot to the floor and hold it there to enjoy the pull that bit more :)

Oh, and hello and welcome by the way :p

Guest Nutk1n

So dont be afraid of auto :) excellent.

im also thinking of getting a 3.0 N/a first as im used to a lower powered turbo diesel and think this may be better.

Is this good or do people find the TT isnt that big of a jump. considering my diesel is running 150bhp.

I wont change my mind, i've loved supras since i first saw one. I would have one sooner but i dont have a stable job yet so couldnt aford the maintanence and a nice german diesel was cheap to insure and maintain.

Just having a read around to get the feel for what i want :)

The only advantage of getting an auto is the fact they are generally cheaper, i driven both a 5 speed and 6 speed manual and think they are great. For me auto was not an option, i dont like the fact of the car changing gear for me! i like being able to change gear myself