The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone have a "Billet Turbo" on their Supra?

Ian Hayward

I had mine custom made by Mark "Mr Turbo" Kitchen who runs Billet Turbos. It's based on a B4040 but rated to 850bhp and on a T3 flange. This was on a MK3 Supra but I doubt it makes much difference. Power was 515rwhp and torque 495 rwlbs/ft @ 1.5bar on a stock cams (Granted this was a Dynapack so probabley a bit on the generous side).

My boost curve is here : http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=10291&page=3

Spools like a GT35R but A/R 0.75 cold A/R 0.88 hot. Don't know what the wheel sizes are though.

The nitride ceramic balls do make the spool real quick but you have to make sure the bearing race is kept cool (by decent water supply circulation) or they can fail.

I'm putting it on the V6 engine that's going in my MR2. The TB thread says it's a 3VZ but it's now the 1MZ alloy unit.

Lyndon.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian

I'm running a Billet B4040 with lots of extras, FMIC Link 800 injectors etc.

Got a 12.5 at York raceway over the bank holiday weekend into a 20mph head wind :)

I've had launch control set up and used it a couple of time and yesterday whilst at Thor we had a look at the blades of the turbo :) no damage visable :)

Traction problems are what i've encountered, now running R888 on 17" rims, i managed a couple of 1.9's at York so i'm now getting used to the car hooking up and getting the power down.

1/4 mile speeds are constantly between 105 & 115mph :)

It's just a case of me driving the car better now to get quicker ET's.

I'm at pod for the RWYB on 21st June so i'll see what times i can get there now new cooling system is in place and working :)

Hopefully an 11 second run that i'm after :)

No typo I've also seen guys get do 110 with BPU, but it's not as simple as that, i've also seen guys 105 with 11 second runs, the key to a good run is the 60ft and 1/8 th mile times.

All about launch and traction, RT's are only significant head to head competition.

Without the grip at the start of the run you can't hit the speeds at the end, alot of power and no grip doesn't make you quick.

Power to weight plays a part aswell.

Look at the guys that strip there cars out and run 250bhp, the do good times without massive speeds.

My car runs out of revs in 4th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile (115mph) so the speed will never increase unless i can get it in 5th gear. To do that i need to be going faster at the start of the strip i.e. more traction.

It's all about compramise - Power and Grip

Grip comes in different way, tyres, suspension, weight transfer etc.

Getting all this right is a hard job on a car that you want to use on the road aswell :)

No typo I've also seen guys get do 110 with BPU, but it's not as simple as that, i've also seen guys 105 with 11 second runs, the key to a good run is the 60ft and 1/8 th mile times.

All about launch and traction, RT's are only significant head to head competition.

Without the grip at the start of the run you can't hit the speeds at the end, alot of power and no grip doesn't make you quick.

Power to weight plays a part aswell.

Look at the guys that strip there cars out and run 250bhp, the do good times without massive speeds.

My car runs out of revs in 4th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile (115mph) so the speed will never increase unless i can get it in 5th gear. To do that i need to be going faster at the start of the strip i.e. more traction.

It's all about compramise - Power and Grip

Grip comes in different way, tyres, suspension, weight transfer etc.

Getting all this right is a hard job on a car that you want to use on the road aswell :)

very nicely written :thumbs: