The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice on glues

AgtX80

Looks like my dash must have gotten damp at some point, its gotten dog-eared next to the shift lever if you look. What would i need to fix that back in position? its going to be some strong stuff to keep it down. The area around the glovebox has swelled up too, looks like the gloebbox has sunk. Not much i can do with that but replace the whole dash top.

Also what glue is best for sticking the stick-on carbon dash down, it needs sticking down better in places.

anyone got some recomendations?

hi , thats funny my 94 jdm TT has this as well, im going to sort it also, ive got a glue gun i was going to try , squirt the glue under and hold it down till it gos rock hard, that should do it,

the mats are the pure sports mats(very rare, hens teeth to be exact) must have came with all the top spec supras back in the day as my car is GZ aero TT and has these mats and the oem skirts.

Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)

Those mats came with the car. Have matching rear ones too which is the funniest thing ever, bet no foot has ever touched either of them. Maybe i should take them all out & put some regular ones in :D They are pristine condition, they must still be available new.

Well, i already went out & got "no more nails" it says it sticks plastic & stuff, was the best i could see, looked easy to apply. Youre going to tell me thats no good i bet :)

Those mats came with the car. Have matching rear ones too which is the funniest thing ever, bet no foot has ever touched either of them. Maybe i should take them all out & put some regular ones in :D They are pristine condition, they must still be available new.

Well, i already went out & got "no more nails" it says it sticks plastic & stuff, was the best i could see, looked easy to apply. Youre going to tell me thats no good i bet :)

Don't know about the no more nails. Works well on skirting boards and suchlike. Doesn't try as instantly as CA but it's a whole lot quicker than Araldite.

You wouldn't struggle to sell those mats for probably more money than you think...