The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wing or Wingless?

Guest RHDSupra203

Guest RHDSupra203

i have a love-hate realation ship with "spoilers" however the stock Supra spoiler that came on my car seems to really set off the cars personality. I've Google'd wingless Supras and they seem to have their own completely different "image".

Does anyone else agree that wingless Supra's look really i don't know... "off"? so to speak...?

So what do you guys think Wing or Wingless? :blink:

Guest RHDSupra203
Someone once said to me:

"A spoilerless Supra is a decapitated Supra".

I've got to agree with that really! There are one or two that don't look out of place without the wing, but they are in a very small minority. :)

Haha! Yes indeed, i couldn't agree more with that statement. :D

Someone once said to me:

"A spoilerless Supra is a decapitated Supra".

I've got to agree with that really! There are one or two that don't look out of place without the wing, but they are in a very small minority. :)

and some of the kits people put on fall into the 'butchered supra' catagory, but suppose thats why people do things to their cars, they do it to make the car look better ' in their eyes'

and some of the kits people put on fall into the 'butchered supra' catagory, but suppose thats why people do things to their cars, they do it to make the car look better ' in their eyes'

I completely agree. My previous comment was all IMO. If everyone liked the exact same bodykits/colours/wheels it'd be a bit dull at meets :D

There are a lot of mods people do which make me think "wow, that's impressive, and appears to have taken a lot of time and effort in achieving it", but at the same time I wouldn't do them to my car.

:)

I completely agree. My previous comment was all IMO. If everyone liked the exact same bodykits/colours/wheels it'd be a bit dull at meets :D

There are a lot of mods people do which make me think "wow, that's impressive, and appears to have taken a lot of time and effort in achieving it", but at the same time I wouldn't do them to my car.

:)

wasnt getting at you either mate, had a look at your pics and your like me, a less is more man and im a spoiler less than you;)

dont worry to much mate, someday in the future youll wake up and realise the error of your ways and take its head off:p

Guest RHDSupra203
wasnt getting at you either mate, had a look at your pics and your like me, a less is more man and im a spoiler less than you;)

dont worry to much mate, someday in the future youll wake up and realise the error of your ways and take its head off:p

Nice supra... i supose if you take the wing off and slam it you can pull it off. *rubs chin in thought* interesting...

Nice supra... i supose if you take the wing off and slam it you can pull it off. *rubs chin in thought* interesting...

if your talking about mine, thanks, if your talking about jamies, i really like it myself, its one of the few kitted cars i do genuinly like

Guest RHDSupra203
if your talking about mine, thanks, if your talking about jamies, i really like it myself, its one of the few kitted cars i do genuinly like

i noticed both of you guys have the same front lip. is that a factory lip or what? i really like it. it's a lot nicer then the gay 1993 j-spec one i have. i also like the headlights too. what year r they and r they uk spec or what? (i'm new to supra's sorry for the noob questions) :blink:

i noticed both of you guys have the same front lip. is that a factory lip or what? i really like it. it's a lot nicer then the gay 1993 j-spec one i have. i also like the headlights too. what year r they and r they uk spec or what? (i'm new to supra's sorry for the noob questions) :blink:

jamie p's supra had a doluck front bumper if that's what you were asking and is probably IMO one of the best aftermarket bumpers to date. :)

I'd also say, on the topic of spoiler or spoilerless, bmx1lew's MSB supra is one of the best examples of spoilerless looks best. And I'm a spoiler man myself :D

I've been toying with the idea of going wingless, and recently took it off for a few weeks to try out. Blanking grommets 'n' all, but I just had to give it a go before I make any decisions involving welding and smoothing. It changes the car's image and how people look on at it entirely.

Still unsure, but it's definitely growing on me.

I think it looks better with the wing IMO. I like Supras both with and without wings and it depends on the supra whether it should have a wing or not (to me anyway) this one should...:)

Heres some old wingless pic's of my supra, I think it gives the car a ,more executive, professional and muscle car look, with a spoiler I think the spoiler is too big.

I think the back arches look more like a jag xk8, Aston Martin DB7 And the Alfa 8C

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/CARmageddon2550.jpg

Aston Martin DB7

http://www.freewebs.com/therealpalace/Aston-Martin-DB7-Vantage-Coupe-green.jpg

http://themes.belchfire.net/screenshots/6363-1185794734-aston_martin_db7_gt_2_-_preview.jpg

And similar to the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

As much as i love the supra and yes it came out the factory with a spoiler and I do think you should keep a jap car looking Jap, But I do think some times, not all the time that it looks like it should be on http://www.barryboys.co.uk

http://www.modernracer.com/member/memberfeatures/carcutaways/toyotasuprainsidesthum.jpg

Personally I think the car looks 10x better without. :hang: