The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil cooling and other related etc! need some help

Firestorm

rite okay guys ive spend some time searching and looking online and stuff and now i just need some advice and answers from you guys cos its doing my nut in now.

basically i have a Greddy oil relocation kit..got it out last nite looked at it of course instructions are in jap.. now im sure i can fit it but i need some explaining..

i understand its removing the standard oil filter to another place in the bay etc but im now starting to wonder wether its worth me getting a oil cooler at this time or if its just fine relocating job done style.. i also have a defi oil press gauge that i would need to plumb in and now im seein that an temp gauge is also recommend. at some point in the next month or 2 im gonna do a complete fluid change so whilst im also down there i mite as well put the kit in but then i dont wanna put it in without a cooler kit.. is this eve worth it all..

all a bit overwhelming.. hoping someone could offer some advice and understanding on this... ow head.

cheers guys

Guest Nicholas

If you fit an oil cooler it would be a good idea to fit the relocation kit as the sandwich plate makes the filter extremely hard to replace, I run an oil cooler with the greddy relocation kit to ease filter replacement.

I would leave the filter where it is and just buy a sandwich plate with an oil thermostat in it (from me...:)) A `stat is vital on road cars with uprated oil coolers in this country. You can then just run 2 hoses to an adequately sized oil cooler, most kits have hoses that are too small a diameter for the oil flow of a twin turbo 3 litre with piston oil squirters, IMO. Finding somewhere sensible to put a remote filter, and the hoses to it, and on to a coller is a nightmare on a MKIV and access is not much better than stock, yet access for something to hit is a lot better!