The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My wheel refurb nightmare!

Mariusz

I collected my car on wed evening and drove her home..

Thurs morning, i was on my way out and heard a terrible clunking noise comin from around the front left wheel.

I pulled over ant to my HORROR I found that the wheel was so loose it was almost off!

The refurb place had not tightened up my wheel.

All other wheels were checked and were pretty loose too.

Car is in the garage now getting checked.... I think that it has prob killed my alloys and maybe discs/calliper?

What do you think?

Without pictures no one can give any meaningful answer, but as it's in the garage they will be able to say...

The garage will be able to sort out any damage but i was wanting feedback on the whole situation.

I have contacted the owner of the refurb company and told him.

MOST OF ALL ITS DANGEROUS

I can see that you are not going to be happy until someone agrees wholeheartedly with you and so...

I think it is disgraceful. It is definitely dangerous and you should give the wheel refurb place a shouting at.

Hows that mate? :)

I feel for you man...i just had mine done, i did the removal and fitting myself thank god!!

They should be totally accountable for their incompetence!!!

I would want a new set of wheels and anything else they have damaged replaced F.O.C., they would be getting off lightly with that... local trading standards officer will be a help to you if they do not come good.

Good luck.

Just a quick note if it had spacers for the wheels did they fit them back in after...i had a aftermarket wheel come loose before because the dumb git i bought it off had left it off??

I have noticed a few tyre places now have disclaimers on the invoice which says all customers should check and tighten the wheel nuts, or should check after xxx miles.

I did some work for a solicitor a while back and he was talking about something similar and used a tyre company as another example. He basically said they can put what they like on their invoices, but at the end of the day if your wheel fell off it would be their responsibility. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

I agree. I am not too sure what else to expect at this juncture.

Yeh, if damage has been done due to the wheels not being on properly and the guy takes responsability for that thats all good. Just hope he's not just saying that to keep him sweet.

I would give a list of items that need replacing to the garage that did the refurb and ask them to pay for the items direct or upfront so that you do not end up having to chase them for the funds and end up out of pocket. At the very least I would want it in writing that they will refund the cost of sorting it.