The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how to make a neat hole in dash trim

AgtX80

I swapped my wood effect dash out & the panel where the folding mirror switch might go doesnt have a hole for it. The panels are basically the black dash trim with carbon fibre stuck on top. How do i make a hole to fit the mirror switch without it looking rubbish? Also need to put my rear fog switch in too.

Anyone got advice?

I think the fog lamp switch has a lip on it anyway so doesnt need to be so neat. The reverse of the panel has 3 switch housings which will be a good guide to go by. Suppose starting in the middle & working my way out would be best.

I swapped my wood effect dash out & the panel where the folding mirror switch might go doesnt have a hole for it. The panels are basically the black dash trim with carbon fibre stuck on top. How do i make a hole to fit the mirror switch without it looking rubbish? Also need to put my rear fog switch in too.

Anyone got advice?

My car has a similar dash covering but mines in Chrome effect.

Who ever put my fog light switch in cut a hole in the trim and then used off cuts from the original sheet of chrome effect (im guessing that it was one of those that is pre cut and pops out from larger sheet of the same material). The offcuts were then stuck around the fog light switch to create a rim around it. It doesnt look perfect, but does the job and i dont have much choice since it was done when i bought it.