The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Lady Supra Owner

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would introduce myself. I've just joined the Forum - thought it would be a good place to learn more about Supras and all the Dos & Dont's etc. I'm 35 years old but act at least ten years younger! I love fast cars, xbox 360, cats, rock music and holidays in the sun.

I own a Silver 1995 N/A Auto Jap Import. I've only had her since the middle of Feb. She was completely standard and had been sat in a garden doing nothing for months. Since purchase, I've lavished the following on her - full service, de-cat, a full MIJ Performance stainless steel custom race exhaust with Jap Spec backbox and 5.5" tailpipe and a set of 19" Mania Racing Jade-Rs :). I blame my other half entirely for getting me into Supras and making me spend so much money on her lol - my other half has a twin turbo and has just joined forum too :-)

Body kit next! Still debating which front bumper to go for - split between BOMEX and Do-luck at the mo, but definately going to go for OEM side skirts and rear spats (i think!) Need to sort back bumper out too as there is a hole on the back left where there used to be some sort of light or sensor.

Not sure what to do performance wise - would like her to be a bit more pokey in the low range - mid range she flies and picks up well but I must admit I miss the rate of excelleration you get with a turbo - any suggestions?

Look forward to catching up with some of you at shows etc.

supra.JPG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello...welcome....I generally like the Bomex front end although I'm not so keen on the circular holes for the lights. Without that I'd love it. Considered a Riddox front end? I like that because it is quite blunt, a bit like the Bomex I like.

Sounds like the car has had a lot of attention so far...

I've just taken off my OEM spats because I actually prefer the cleaner look without them especially on a silver car but the skirts look good.

I recommend a TT though!

Guest DaphneHoneybutt

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome and the votes for Do-Luck. Part of me does wish I'd gone for a TT but i do about 50 miles a day to work and back so was convinced i'd be broke driving a TT - thats why i went for N/A - I do want more umph though - but I guess I can just borrow the other halfs TT for that :-) Hiya Adz! :-)

I love my supra - I've called her 'Baby' - a la 'no-one puts Baby in the corner'! lol CAn't wait to get the body kit on. Anyone recommend a good bodyshop in Worcestershire / Warwickshire area?

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome and the votes for Do-Luck. Part of me does wish I'd gone for a TT but i do about 50 miles a day to work and back so was convinced i'd be broke driving a TT - thats why i went for N/A - I do want more umph though - but I guess I can just borrow the other halfs TT for that :-) Hiya Adz! :-)

I love my supra - I've called her 'Baby' - a la 'no-one puts Baby in the corner'! lol CAn't wait to get the body kit on. Anyone recommend a good bodyshop in Worcestershire / Warwickshire area?

Hi,

I have just had mine done at SRP in stratford call steve parker for quote 07769518214. Mention Lee (thats me) he may give u a better price?

Guest DaphneHoneybutt
Hi,

I have just had mine done at SRP in stratford call steve parker for quote 07769518214. Mention Lee (thats me) he may give u a better price?

cheers Lee thats great! :-)

Guest DaphneHoneybutt
Are the Hovis gags defunked when "other half" is mentioned? Or is it just to early in the day for Blackie?

Welcome to the forums :D

Scott =op

OK - I'm intrigued about the Hovis thing!!!! I can assure you that I am a true enthusiast - spending £1600 in the past month alone is probably testament to that :-) I'm certainly no groupie :-)