The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you launch an Auto TT?

Jim_1979

Just curious if you were at the strip for example, how do you go about launching the car?

Obviously in a manual, you build the revs and drop the clutch.

So what do you do in an Auto?

Just sit there, then plant the foot? Surely it gets off the line rather slowly?

Just curious if you were at the strip for example, how do you go about launching the car?

Obviously in a manual, you build the revs and drop the clutch.

So what do you do in an Auto?

Just sit there, then plant the foot? Surely it gets off the line rather slowly?

foot hard on the brake, build the revs up, lights change, mash the throttle and your off, a lot also depends on the stall of your torque converter as well, do a search mate as this has been covered many times

would a RLTC launch work for this aswel? so then if u wanan spin your wheels before hand this the same effect

LOL yeh i noitices tha tbout half hour ago.. (my excuse was that class one spelt it that way)

hehe

there is no excuses ;) he he :innocent:

you will need a line lock kit to perform smoking burnouts :eyebrows: makes it a lot easier anyway....but you dont want to be spinning your wheels for maximum launch potential, you want to be minimising this

im drag racing all the time and i tell ya its hard getti9ng the balance right ive only pulled it off once or twice for example you power build with the break on but the retard next to you moves of the white light delaying the start and before you no the back wheels are pure white with smoke (not bloody good) somtimes i find it easyier just to roll of the line normel and then nail it i.e. forget about your launch times and go for the 1/4 mile

I will get my coat :(

my excuse is that I was rushing to reply as I am at work he he ;)

i thought we said NO excuses lol ;)

didnt mean spinning wheels on take off i was meaning dont they require you to spin in some water before hand for grip??

and again what bout RLTC? i dont think il get a line lock.. maybe i mite but its bottom of my list.

i like the sound of just booting it off the line.. we all know we can catch up.. plus we dont look like idiots when others ppl grind gear changes when they are changin to fast or badly cos of the adreline in the body.

and again what bout RLTC? i dont think il get a line lock.. maybe i mite but its bottom of my list.

i like the sound of just booting it off the line.. we all know we can catch up.. plus we dont look like idiots when others ppl grind gear changes when they are changin to fast or badly cos of the adreline in the body.

rltc lunch control will not work with the auto, it is essentially the way a manual would replicate an auto launch anyway :D, if you have a high stall and everything goes spot on at the lights your limitation will be the amount of grip and whether you can hold the thing in a straight line (if you have'nt got rltc), if you want a quicker launch off the line just booting it a high stall is the key whether you are single or BPU