The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wanted 1997 2JZ-GTE VVT-i engine repair manual

Guest dori dori

Guest dori dori

Hi guys, i was hoping someone could tell me if i can purchase the (English) 1997 Toyota 2JZ-GTE VVT-i engine repair manual from a Toyota service centre in the UK?

This engine wasn't released in Australia so i can't buy one from Toyota Australia and i can't read Japanese......

Any help or contacts would be great.

I can't find anyone i trust to rebuild my motor so i will do it myself.

Cheers

Grant

This engine wasn't released in Australia so i can't buy one from Toyota Australia and i can't read Japanese.....

The VVTi Supra was never sold in the UK either, only the US got the VVTi export Supra. Toyota do not sell copies of the service manuals.

Not sure if it covers the VVTi but I have a copy of the service manual on my public folder here SUPRA.zip

http://homepage.mac.com/importpimp/

There is also a different one online here:

http://www.turbosupras.com/pages/en/pages/specifications/JZA80/a80tsrm.htm

Guest dori dori

don't say that Nic.

As far as i know the USA never got the VVT-I 2JZ-GTE. I spoke with Nero from Titan Motorsports and he had know idea about the VVTi and the crazy oil pressure my engine was running.

I was under the impression that there was a VVT-I 2JZ-GTE be it Aristo or Supra released in Europe and Japan. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers

Grant

Guest dori dori
Grant,

PM me your address(I know its Ozzy) and I will send you a disc copy of my manuals.

Rgds

George

pm sent.

thanks mate

Guest dori dori
I have never found an English copy of the VVTi model manuals. Are you sure these are VVTi specific??

I don't know.

Like i said i have heard that the rev limit is higher, pistons lighter for the VVT-I.

I can get my hands on a non VVT-I manual but i want to be sure i don't F it up.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
Guest artbran

bumping an old thread..

Does anyone know how to set the timing on the vvt-i cam gear?

What I mean is that I removed the gear to rebuild the motor and am almost at the spot where I need the diagram or instructions on how to replace it. Since a new timing belt will go on it and so on..

bumping an old thread..

Does anyone know how to set the timing on the vvt-i cam gear?

What I mean is that I removed the gear to rebuild the motor and am almost at the spot where I need the diagram or instructions on how to replace it. Since a new timing belt will go on it and so on..

It's practically the same as a non VVTI: you line up the lines on the cam gears with the divots in the backplate. The only difference being you have 2 marks on the intake cam gear, one dot and a line. Ignore the dot. Wind the intake cam clockwise until it has engaged the cam and keep going until the line on the pulley is aligned with the divot in the back plate. This should leave you with the dot farther round clockwise than the line.

Everything else with regards the crank TDC and exhaust cam is as per a normal GTE.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...