The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Blown head gasket?

GoliathJay

Sitting in traffic (READ: Stuck in KFC drive-thru for 30 mins!) I can see a bit of smoke, this normal? or early signs? :(

Where was the smoke coming from? What colour was it?

KFC is not healthy. You can't beat a bit of home cooking with proper food.

Let it cool down properly (overnight) and see if there is any sign of coolant loss. A basic sniffer test should let you know if there's a HG problem. It's extremely rare for one to go, but a sniffer test is an easy first check to make.

Whats the darn-heck is a sniffer test?

Thanks by the way! :)

It's a simple test done on the coolant while the engine is running. It checks for carbon monoxide in the coolant, i.e. if combustion gasses are getting into the coolant.

Any local garage will be able to do one for a few quid.

Edit - too slow ;)

Also, any idea why there is a kinda acidic burning smell when I get out of the car?

This one can be connected to break pads. Check if noone of them got seized. Suppose to be stronger around wheels. Also it can be slipping clutch - I got this terrible smell when my clutch was almost gone.

Edit: after rethinking this, I'm actually 80% sure it's burned clutch.

Hmmm,

The smell i had that was like that was a leaking water pump. The pump was spraying Toyota red all over the engine which was then burning it. Stank, no white spots on the engine or engine bay is there?

That sounds about right with the red coolant. I had a pipe that had developed a tiny pin hole. It was peeing out a fine stream of coolant all over the side of the engine block, at first I couldn't see it but the puddle under the car gave it away.

I'd get it on a ramp and have a damn good look underneath, that's how we spotted mine!

H.

That sounds about right with the red coolant. I had a pipe that had developed a tiny pin hole. It was peeing out a fine stream of coolant all over the side of the engine block, at first I couldn't see it but the puddle under the car gave it away.

I'd get it on a ramp and have a damn good look underneath, that's how we spotted mine!

H.

Mine stank real bad, lucky Dan4 spotted it when changing my Crank pully. It had left a white spots where ever it hit. Took me ages to clean it all off:(