The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo's (I'm thinking of going NA-T)

Silver Fox

I currently have a auto n/a aerotop supra.

I would like to fit a turbo to it.

I know nouthing about turbo's as i have never had a car with any turbo's before.

Is it to go for twin turbo or single turbo?

Any turbo's you reccommend?

I know you can spend a fortune on turbos but for a failry decent turbo how much would it cost and how much would a garage charge to fit it?

I no nouthing at all when it comes to turbo's so any info will help.

I currently have a auto n/a aerotop supra.

I would like to fit a turbo to it.

I know nouthing about turbo's as i have never had a car with any turbo's before.

Is it to go for twin turbo or single turbo?

Any turbo's you reccommend?

I know you can spend a fortune on turbos but for a failry decent turbo how much would it cost and how much would a garage charge to fit it?

I no nouthing at all when it comes to turbo's so any info will help.

some say you can do it for 3k i say a minimun of 6k, if i was in your shoes, i would sell and go tt

some say you can do it for 3k i say a minimun of 6k, if i was in your shoes, i would sell and go tt

:yeahthat:

To do it right will cost many £k's, a much cheaper, better and more reliable option would be to sell and by a TT.

I think if there were cheaper ways, everyone would do it, and the more expensive ways wouldn't exist as nobody would fork out for it.

Don't scrimp and try to cut corners, it'll just cost you a lot more money in the long run. Do it properly, or don't do it at all.

Get a TT engine and transplant that if you like. Might be a different option?

Sounds exspensive. Is there no cheaper ways? Can you buy reconditioned turbo's or is that a big risk?

It's not just a case of bolting on a turbo, there are a LOT of supporting mods required.

Turbo Kit

Intercooler and piping

ECU, sensors, harnesses and mapping

Bigger injectors, fuel rail and fuel lines

BOV

Stronger clutch

Gauges

Boost Controller

etc.

Far cheaper to buy a TT.

Understand. So unless i am willing to pay 3k+ the only other real option is to sell up and buy a tt.

To do it for £3k you'd need to use second hand or cheap, poor quality ebay parts and do the installation yourself. If you want a reliable daily driver then I would budget for at least £8k.

So you bought the tt engine for 2.5k? Then fitted it yourself correct?

Yeah 2.5k for everything that was needed pretty much. Its not a bad job to do by yourself. Its a much more cost effective route if your set on keeping your car. Add an additional £500 and your BPU...380bhp

Yeah 2.5k for everything that was needed pretty much. Its not a bad job to do by yourself. Its a much more cost effective route if your set on keeping your car. Add an additional £500 and your BPU...380bhp

i agree with this.........

Or if you're lazy like me pay extra and get someone else to do it :D

i think putting a TT lump in is a better option than adding a turbo to the n/a engine as you don't get all the associated costs of getting it to run right as others have mentioned.

Yeah this way sounds best, financially as well. Right time to start saving to put this into practice. Thanks for your input guys.

Btw Miko_supra where are you from in buckinghamshire? Ive got a flat in aylesbury and am up that way 50% of my life!