The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much to respray????

Stratty

As I am going to be fitting a new bumper, overfenders and rear wing, I thought it would be a good idea to get the whole car resprayed at the same time.

Due to the fact that we only have a couple of decent bodyshops in Jersey, I am limited for choice.

Anyway, I went to get a quote from one of them and they told me it would cost £2,300 and that was just for the respray and didn't include the fitting of the new bits.

I thought this was excessive so thought it might be better if I pay for the car to go on the boat and get it done in the UK.

Can someone give me a 'rough' idea what you pay for a spray job in the UK. I am only doing the car in the same colour so I would have thought this would keep the price down.

Cheers

I have a receipt from when my car was sprayed in germany. cost 1700 eur, not sure whether it includes the labour before the paint was sprayed. Not bad either way, the car looks stunning.

what bout paint like House of kolor or non standard paint.. obviously ur lookin at more but how much more>

whats the most elborate paint job someone has.. anyone done smthing wild? flame on? hehe

what bout paint like House of kolor or non standard paint.. obviously ur lookin at more but how much more>

whats the most elborate paint job someone has.. anyone done smthing wild? flame on? hehe

He lives in Jersey and was looking for a guide price and value for money I think, not the next Dukes of Hazard copy

house of color quotes £3000 just for labour, but that is around 20-25 layers depending on what you get.

I have been looking around for a while for a respray and on average its about £2500. Could try Kode Performance in Kent, thats where i ended up going and im very happy with them :)

Due to the fact that we only have a couple of decent bodyshops in Jersey, /QUOTE]

god man how do you use your sup over ther was over the other weekend to see the girl frends fam the roads are so tight an with hardly any strates you must go mad

There are a few roads where you can let it rip.

The 5 Mile Road on the west of the island is a good fast road.

Just gotta keep away for the fuzz ;)

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems that it isn't such a bad price.