The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Turbo lover

Guest ManicTT

Guest ManicTT

Afternoon Ladies and gentlemen,

Currently own a 96' Toyota Glanza V

In the future i am looking to upgrade from my 1.3 Turbo to a 3.0 TT.

Any recommendations or things to look out for.

i am 20, soon to have 3 years no claims and ill be 21.

Admiral quoted me £761 with £500 excess on a Twin turbo manual.

Love the cars, they look good in every angle!!

Thanks

Garry

Guest ManicTT

The day i got it (few mods since)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9408/glanza1en2.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9619/glanza5uj5.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3692/glanza3eg2.jpg

Few bits done to it since, BOV, Clear indicators etc etc lol

Welcome to the club dude :D

i am 20, soon to have 3 years no claims and ill be 21.

Admiral quoted me £761 with £500 excess on a Twin turbo manual.

Sounds like you got quoted on a UK car to me. Double check that, as guys your age often comment on the 4-figure sums they pay for insurance. Don't want you to invest to then get stung to even get it on the road!

Guest ManicTT

Sounds like you got quoted on a UK car to me. Double check that, as guys your age often comment on the 4-figure sums they pay for insurance. Don't want you to invest to then get stung to even get it on the road!

I heard somewhere that the UK spec is better than the import spec??

:yeahthat:

i was 24 when i got quoted on my uk car. 1 years no claims. Id driven an NA for a year before going to a TT and my insurance is double your quote.

Guest ManicTT

I did put additional drivers on there.

3 Years NCB

No Police records

My area is very quiet aswell

maybe i will re-quote lol

hello mate that quote sounds impossible, im 21, 3 years no claims, live in a quiet village, and my TT is £2500 with sky! i tried admiral and they wouldnt touch me? only sky and bell would! flux wouldnt even insure my non turbo under 3k!

get this, with my mum bell knocks off 600, but sky puts it up 35! im with sky now! i rang them and told them about bell then they said i can put my mum on for nothing i said thats not good enough i want to cancell and the manager will ring me back! considering at the moment im paying 2500 a year im a customer they wont want to loose!

with bell my insurance can be 1117 fully comp with 500 exc. and my mum. with sky my 2500 is only 3rd fire and theft! and on my own.

when i tried bell when i 1st got the car on my own 3rd fire and theft worked out the same with both companys until i said i want to pay monthly, then skys interest rate was better so went with them

get this, with my mum bell knocks off 600, but sky puts it up 35! im with sky now! i rang them and told them about bell then they said i can put my mum on for nothing i said thats not good enough i want to cancell and the manager will ring me back! considering at the moment im paying 2500 a year im a customer they wont want to loose!

with bell my insurance can be 1117 fully comp with 500 exc. and my mum. with sky my 2500 is only 3rd fire and theft! and on my own.

when i tried bell when i 1st got the car on my own 3rd fire and theft worked out the same with both companys until i said i want to pay monthly, then skys interest rate was better so went with them

wow thats a mega quote, i would perosnally never insure any car TPFT let alone a supra yuo got balls!. for comparison my insurance is around 800 and thats on a tt6 with 1 years ncb and fully comp,

tellme about it! im really annoyed! been ages waiting for sky to ring back, im a bit dissappointed with all this! going to loose my 500 deposit if i do change but then the money i wil save and being fully comp would be worth it?