The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TTC mod, yes or no? - what do you think?

Jim_1979

I tried it, loved it. Went back to sequential but now am changing back to TTC with fuelling mods.

When you say fuelling mods, what do you mean? AFC etc?

I already have a walbro pump fitted.

Why did you love it or hate it guys?

Also... where's the link on how to do it?

When you say fuelling mods, what do you mean? AFC etc?

I already have a walbro pump fitted.

Why did you love it or hate it guys?

Also... where's the link on how to do it?

Yea and AFC should do the job. Not 100% sure on exactly what is needed so have PM a couple of members who are running TTC for help.

Mines full bpu as well.

Saving on petrol is the main thing i like but the nice power delivery just like a single.

Hi mate, are you running any fuelling mods with yours? Ive always been stuck on what i would need. Just bought an emanage to adjust fuelling and timing. Need to get it fitting and mapped at some point.

• Emanage
  • 550's
  • FSE - Ahem...
  • Hybrids :D

Love it, my car has been that way for nearly two years, won't go back.

Would be good to have a go in that. Well as a passenger anyway! ;)

Sean1933 is going to attempt to convert mine to TTC again at the weekend, as he will be putting on another pressure tank (I think :)). He thinks that I have a slight problem with the current one.

If you get the fuelling right, then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be a good mod IMO.

Im waiting for IanC to see this thread........

As far as I can make out it doesnt actually damage anything, but your ECU isnt mapping your fueling correctly until it hits the 4k mark wehre it expects both turbos to be online.

Do a search and look out for IanC comments especially......but beware it sounds all very drastic, but as I said in practice, and people like Simon can prove this, its seems to be ok.....;)

Im waiting for IanC to see this thread........

As far as I can make out it doesnt actually damage anything, but your ECU isnt mapping your fueling correctly until it hits the 4k mark wehre it expects both turbos to be online.

Do a search and look out for IanC comments especially......but beware it sounds all very drastic, but as I said in practice, and people like Simon can prove this, its seems to be ok.....;)

:hide:

I loved it. Make sure you have a way of controlling the fuelling though otherwise it'll never run right. And you'll also need an EBC.

IMO it's all about how you set it up. I found launching the car a lot easier in TTC and also found the power curve a lot more predictable and manageable.

Would be good to have a go in that. Well as a passenger anyway! ;)

Sean1933 is going to attempt to convert mine to TTC again at the weekend, as he will be putting on another pressure tank (I think :)). He thinks that I have a slight problem with the current one.

If you get the fuelling right, then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be a good mod IMO.

Like i said no problem mate, maybe at the next Brighton meet,

The best way to do TTC is by wiring open the IACV and the GCV that way you don't have to worry about pressure tanks and VSVs, as for getting the best out of TTC at the least some form of fuel control is needed, you need to remove quite a bit of fuel in the midrange, thats why i prefer to use Emanage ultimate, as you can also advance the timing where the std ECU retards it, as its expecting the first turbo to be making boost.

Oh! and as for it causing spikes, not if your using a decent boost controller set up right;)

Hi mate,

I also had the ETTC mod done recently when fitting an emanage. I switch between the two when i feel like a change and I love the TTC. The only reason i dont leave it in this mode constantly is due to the fact my car is mapped for sequential operation.

I prefer TTC...... with sequential i would get both turbos online and full boost around 3800-4000rpm.

With TTC both seem to be online and fully boosting at around 3300-3500rpm.

Most sequential fans will say you'll have too much lag with TTC but with both turbos on song 500rpm earlier you also have much more power earlier. It definately is a better mod with a manual car cause that way you can be much more selective with the gears, rpm and therefore keep your car in the power band.

I would be concerned running the TTC for a long time with the standard ecu as the fuelling will be all over the shop. If i were you i would do the quick TTC mod which takes no more than five mins, if you like it then i would get some form of fuel control and map it that way and release even more power.

You car will boost higher with TTC, it added about 0.15 bar when i switch to TTC therefore be careful you dont over boost. If you are set at 1.1bar now you will see over 1.2bar with the TTC mod. You'll find that you wont feel the thump of the second turbo as you do in sequential but it will be a more progressive surge of power when the turbos come in. This may not give you the same feeling of urgent acceleration, although it is just as fast, but in my opinion it makes the car much more drivable especially if your bpu and in the wet.

Have you checked out Cheekymonkeys dyno plots comparing the two modes?? These results speak for themselves and show what gains you can get when TTC is mapped properly. I will be getting mine mapped for TTC so i can keep mine in that mode.

Ben