The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone got a pic of a uk car with black carpets

dannysupratt

mine is black, will try get a photo later if no one else has one. I like it. Apparently black carpet is higher spec.

edit. sorry mine isnt uk. Whats the difference in the carpets?

Carpet is the same. Black isn't "higher spec" as far as I know. Black is just better looking to most, and rarer on the Supra, so it has become quite a desirable thing to have and get hold of.

I still have a grey carpet in my shed if anyone wants to buy & dye.

I know its not UK spec but I have light tan leather with black carpets and it looks mint. I have had two cars previously with this combination which is what made me do the supe the same as it looks great.

Pic is not great but you get the idea.

I used to have cream seats and carpet (uk spec) but now its all black, ive had the seats retrimmed and fitted new black carpet.

The black carpet against the cream seats works fine but ive no photos of it like that as i did the seats at the same time as changeing the carpet.

Ive a photo of it with cream seats, cream carpet but with black mats if it helps

2007_0414suprainside0004.JPG

DSCF0415.JPG

Hope its what you wanted to see. Replaced the wood effect dash last week with the carbon look. Real pleased with it.

I was told that black carpet, the black plastic roofing & dark visors were the higher spec kit, also leccy mirrors etc...i do have electric mirrors but theres no hole for the switch at the moment.

I was told that black carpet, the black plastic roofing & dark visors were the higher spec kit, also leccy mirrors etc...i do have electric mirrors but theres no hole for the switch at the moment.

Don't think they are higher spec, just optional extras.

Electric mirrors were on all models afaik, cept the ones that were heated.

Scott =op

As i said, some of them have heated mirrors which are an optional extra. The ones that are heated aren't folding.

Scott =op

UK mirrors don't electrically fold.

My car has the black carpet & plastic roof lining.

I prefer the felt roof lining that my UK car had.

Cheers, thats what i thought ;)

Carl0s, as i stated, the ones with heated mirrors don't fold and the ones with folding mirrors aren't heated. I don't think there is a single supra out there that doesn't have one or the other.

If anyone has both then i think they modified them themselves.

Scott =op