The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1 off McLaren F1 at auction (no, not eBay!)

Seb

For those who appreciate the special things in life...

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/search/LotDetail.asp?intObjectID=4211056&SN=6843&LN=0128

I know there is a lot of debate over the F1 being as awesome as people say it is, but I am a total car freak, and this is somewhat of a Holy Grail for me. And this one is an absolute one off. I reckon double the guide price, easy :D If everyone on the forum chipped in... the ultimate group buy perhaps :D

Seb

Technically, it's not. Which makes it all the more exclusive. It's a standard F1, which had the GTR inspired downforce pack fitted at the owner's request. He later asked for more high speed stability, so McLaren added louvres to the tops of the wings and a 4mm gurney flap at the rear. The final stage came when the LM engine was installed, hence the 11.5k miles in total, but only 3k on the new engine. What also sets it apart are the one off alloys, the luxury interior trim (all 5 LMs had a bare bones race interior), helicopter rated intercom system and a one off McLaren F1 watch inscribed with the chassis number. Truly special.

Seb

That is truly special.

691~ bhp....for safer overtaking! :p Actually....i wonder whats it like overtaking from the middle viewing position. Apparently, passengers like the left seat (in britain) cos it feels weird being next to oncomming traffic on the right.

PLUS.....the only super car that you can take 2 girls home!!! :p