The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mileage Correction?

Shilakadaddy

I've recently been contacted by a guy in Sweden who's interested in buying my car as he saw in another thread that I was interested in selling it. I sent him a few details about it and he was wondering if I could get the current mileage reading corrected to the actual mileage of the car.

Currently the odometer shows just below 93,000, but 71,000 of these are in km, and now an extra 22,000 in miles. So he was wondering if I could get the reading changed to 66,000 miles to match this?

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to do this, and if so, any companies that can do it and how much it would cost?

Cheers, Chris

Adjusting vehicle odometer readings is not a criminal offence, however selling a vehicle with the intention to defraud someone is, so you're okay.

As long as you don't change it before and after the MOT whilst you still own it then you should be okay to get it changed, obviously because the mileage is recorded on the MOT certificate.

The some goes for taxing the car if you volunterily state the mileage.

There used to be places advertised in the back of Autotrader that do this, Google too.

• 4 years later...