The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID users - what std bulbs do you use for sidelights/high beam?

Pabs

Hey all,

I'm sure other HID owners are in the same boat as me - or at least have been.

With HIDs as the dipped beam, they are a nice white. However, the sidelights and high beam are very yellow in comparison. I know I won't get a matching white without going for proper HIDs, but wondered what other people use that they recommend?

And seeing as I'm starting this thread too, I may as well ask (but I will search as well) - what sidelight and main beam bulb types do I need for UK Glass headlights?

Ta

TBH - anything at the front end of the car that is used that aint the dipped beam lol. Want to remove all yellow :)

So it's just LED 501's for sidelights then - I would assume the 4-LED type? Are these considerably brighter than the 2-LED versions?

i've looked on ebay for some led sidelights, can seem to decide which ones to go for. any suggestions anyone?

I'm still looking there also.

Am I right in assuming the LED lights don't throw a dash warning light do they? (Different internal resistance and such)

i've looked on ebay for some led sidelights, can seem to decide which ones to go for. any suggestions anyone?

I got both 6 LED and 12 LED, my advice is go for the 6 LED as the 12 is pointless and is not any brighter than the 6.

Have a look at the link below, it has a pic of the difference, the picture is the 6 LED ones, also a link to ebay seller.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137448&highlight=LED

Am I right in assuming the LED lights don't throw a dash warning light do they? (Different internal resistance and such)

No they don't.

I got both 6 LED and 12 LED, my advice is go for the 6 LED as the 12 is pointless and is not any brighter than the 6.

Have a look at the link below, it has a pic of the difference, the picture is the 6 LED ones, also a link to ebay seller.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137448&highlight=LED

No they don't.

nice one mate, thanks alot :)

just thinking of saving on postage too - and they seem to be the only people selling these on ebay at the moment. (LED ones) - They are H3, so should fit?

just speaking to someone i know who sells led stuff, makes his own speedo clusters etc. he said dont go with the led fogs, they wont be bright enough, use hid. wouldnt waste your money mate...

just speaking to someone i know who sells led stuff, makes his own speedo clusters etc. he said dont go with the led fogs, they wont be bright enough, use hid. wouldnt waste your money mate...

Correct. Not nearly bright enough. I found out the usual way :rolleyes:

Got the same LED sidelights as Jamesmark and they're very good.

Correct. Not nearly bright enough. I found out the usual way :rolleyes:

Got the same LED sidelights as Jamesmark and they're very good.

With HID's on dipped beam you do not need fog lights. I put those LED fog lights in mine just to mach colour of HID's.

PS. Sidelights are 6-led ones.

I just need to decide what to use as my fogs now - got the 6LED sidelights on the way, HIDS are already in (but changing temp from 8000k to 4300k soon).

Not sure if I will worry about high/main-beam as I only ever use it to flash with (oo-er missus lol) - but if I can find some decent white bulbs cheap enough then may swap.