The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supras just about finnished pics and write up inside

johnd-mkiv

After spending long nights at work and a few weekends, a couple of months later im now happy with how it looks

Picked it up from Neilg with it needing finishing off, this was just the sort of project I was looking for.

After looking it over I desided to start on the interior with in a few hours it looked like this and the neighbours though I was mad

The dash pannels needed repainting so I gave these to supra loopy to work his magic on, I then needed some guages to keep a better eye on things, it already had 2 hks guages so I thought I might aswell get the rest. I managed to pick an oil pressure guage up from ebay then an oil temp on here. I bought an aem wideband and an apexi boost controller and a twin a pillar pod to mount a couple. The seats were odd when I got the car one being a recaro and the other oem, I desided i wanted a more racey look so bought a pair of omp race seats with 4 point harnesses, I then made up some sub frames and bought the runners off ebay. Now its all fitted its really changed the look of the interior and im really happy with it.

The next project was the engine and engine bay, spent a few hours stripping that down and cleaning a lot of the bodywork. I then removed the cam box covers, water elbow, intercooler pipework, intake plenum, throttle body (removed the traction control, welded up the holes then smoothed), took them to work and polished them up. bought the following for it

Fluidine rad

coil pack connectors (the origional ones were not there, just the wires poked in the sockets)

oil filter

thermostat

fuel filter

16 row mocal oil cooler, had some braided lines made up with swaged ends, relocated oil filter.

light weight pullys

chrome turbo blanket.

millers oil

I made an after market expansion tank from ally for it, painted the cambox covers black, removed the carbon canister, fitted some blue silicone hose, cable tyed all the hose joints, plumbed in the boost controller, welded in the aem boss to the exhaust and then heat wrapped it.

The power steering pump had a nasty wine after stripping it and spending a day messing around with it had a look on here and found the answer, it was a little oring that was dragging air in causing it not to pump properly.

Im having the car mapped by RyanG on thurs once this is done Ill be happy with it as its just running off the wastegate pressure at the moment after RAF Marham this weekend I will be getting some of the body work painted, mainly the front bumper as its cracked I have repaired it but dont see the point in having it done untill the trackday is over.

Loving being back in a supra though the Skyline just did'nt keep the smile on my face :cool:

Edited by johnd-mkiv (see edit history)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic