The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought a Supra!

Silver Fox

Hi, i have just bought myself an auto 3.0 litre supra non turbo.

I want to begin modifying it but where do i start?? It all ready has a full vellside body kit and decent alloys.

Ive got about £1000.00 to spend on it at this time and i want to be wise with my money. Where would you start and what would you buy?

Many thanks

Any feedback is appreciated

welcome to the forum - I'd start by specifying what kind of modifications you want to do.

Do you want looks?

Perhaps alloy wheels, different spoiler?

Do you want performance?

Performance suspension, exhaust system, geo-suspension setup?

Do you want to look after the car?

Get yourself some detailing gear, get any repairs of minor bodywork damage you have, alloy wheel refurb etc?

How about the interior - nice steering wheel, gearknob, leather retrim?

There's a few ideas for ya ;)

Welcome :)

I would sort any bad points out first I think, otherwise a Blitz nur spec exhaust perhaps? Or change the front bumper with a Do-Luck one, does it have a Veilside spoiler? If you're not keen on it, put a TRD one on maybe and upgrade the stock speakers. Oh and headlights! If they are yellowed, then putting on some new ones makes a massive difference IMO.

This is a very long slippery slop, its great but it will never stop believe me.

I have an N/A as well so don't bother about performance, you won't really notice much difference in all honesty.

Same as a few others have said really, depends where you want to start, engine bay bling, sort the paint work, replacing any bodywork bits your not happy with or even going down The ICE route or leather and bling for the interior.

A nice exhaust note is a good option it makes it sound quicker:superman:

Just enjoy it the summer is nearly hear

yeh the headlights are yellowed. I hate them lol. That sounds like a good starting point. Ive seen supra headlights where the side lights are like 3 blue rings, similar to some bmw headlights. Anyone know what im talking about and what they are called because they look ace?

Worthing.

Where about in Worthing bud? I'm a native as well :)

To change the subject - I am trying to post a thread under the technical area but its not allowing me. Do members not have access to create threads there???

shouldn't have any problems posting up in technical if you're a fully paid member.

From durrington. near to the lamb pub / lamb park. You know that area?

How bout you, what part of worthing you from?

yep i know where you mean. i'm in grand avenue, down the road from west worthing station