The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what bov's can the supe have?

supra_si

If you just want the noise why not vent the stock one to atmosphere fro a few pence? Or are you set on anodised aluminium, colourful boxes and the excitement of unwrapping something new the postman brings? ;)

i thought i remember reading a while ago that using the stock bov to vent to atmousphere wasn't safe for some reason?

If you just want the noise why not vent the stock one to atmosphere fro a few pence? Or are you set on anodised aluminium, colourful boxes and the excitement of unwrapping something new the postman brings? ;)

Have you not got a car to tinker with Mr W, I'm busy trying to sell colourful boxes of excitement here :twak:

how do you make it vent to atmosphere? cant be that good a sound or anything or loads of people would have done it. I never heard you could till i just read this post.

Go on you tube, people have recorded all of the different ones on their cars, lots of supra vids too. Out of all of them though,for me id say the HKS ssqv is the nicest sounding

there is a massive sound difference between them all . hks is very high pitch. blitz is a woosh and the sard is a very trashy sounding dump imo

So other than the acoustics characteristics of these devices, what functional purpose do they actually serve?

From a performance point of view - is one better than the other, if so, why?

Sard sounds ok, HKS sounds pretty nice (especially with the purple fin), stock BOV vented to atmosphere sounds like the Strongbow advert...and none at all with a single tubby sounds best! ;)

Oh and there isnt really much point to them atall, maybe a little on a high boost application of 2bar+. Its all about the sound really.