The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbies To The Site

TRACIE_LOU

Hi There Great Site Couple Of Newbies Here Tony And Tracie Just Say Hello To You All Hopefully We Will Be Buying Our Supra N/a Today.its A 1995 Imaculate Outside Looking A Bit Tired Inside But At £4500 With 74k We Think Its A Good Buy Any Thoughts Would Be Greatly Appreciated As We Dont Want To Make A Big Mistake Cheers :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks pretty clean in the pic and OEM skirts are nice:). Check the panels, silver is hard to match so if there are any which are a slighty differant colour it may be a sign of an accident. And ask the seller about it. The interior can often be made to look more moddern by spraying the dash and new seats etc:)

Have a search in the facts section on here. It tells you all you need to know/look out for when buying a supra:)

Hi thanks for your welcomes and replies its great to have a bit of advice etc. if we decide to go ahead with buying this tonight we have about £600 to spend on it straight away not sure on what to get yet until we have a good look. we are in northampton/leicester border does anyone know if there is somewhere close to get good 2nd hand bits for interior to start with?? cheers!.... also we are hoping to change steering wheel as one of our first jobs is this easy to do?:)

There are a lot of well regarded members from that area on here so im sure they can help. If you have a bit of cash to spend on it and its running well, I think you have a nice supra there:) You can always haggle a bit too;) Good luck with it:)

I hate to be the voice of scepticism (again) but if a car has a genuine 74k I would next expect the interior to be tired.....;)

Is there any kind of service history? You can pick up seats, gear knob, steering wheels cheap enough but I'm suspicious about the mileage!

Oh and Welcome!

H.

TBH, now that you've signed up hear I'd say it makes more sense too look at the classifieds on here.

You'll be able to see all the problems (or not) that a members car has had. Even if you don't find one for sales privately there are a few traders on here who could get you a really nice car.

If you can just hold back a while it'd be better than paying someone 'unknown' to the Supra community for what might turn out to be a bit of a shed.

I hate to be the voice of scepticism (again) but if a car has a genuine 74k I would next expect the interior to be tired.....;)

Is there any kind of service history? You can pick up seats, gear knob, steering wheels cheap enough but I'm suspicious about the mileage!

Oh and Welcome!

H.

TBH, now that you've signed up hear I'd say it makes more sense too look at the classifieds on here.

You'll be able to see all the problems (or not) that a members car has had. Even if you don't find one for sales privately there are a few traders on here who could get you a really nice car.

If you can just hold back a while it'd be better than paying someone 'unknown' to the Supra community for what might turn out to be a bit of a shed.

Words of wizdom there:) Dont rush into anything, as above here is a great place to look as pretty much everyone will have a well looked after example:) How do you mean by the interior looking tired? If you mean a little dated then it can be easilly fixed but if its how H suggested and its a little worn then it may have had more 'abuse' then meats the eye.

All looks fine in the pics. Nout wrong with the interior if you ask me:) Just the style of the time. Manual too:) One thing I'd change though is the induction kit. That will not filter very well and can actually cause flat spots in the mid range. The stock box and panel filter is best way forward i think:)

oh well we came back home empty handed!!! after viewing the car 2nd time all seemed great good condition etc but after going in to sort documents out etc we noticed v5 seemed a bit sus and so walked away to be on safe side.... now back on the look out!!!.. have about 5500 to spend hope we can get a nice one if anyone could point us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated... will check out classifieds on here... thanks for everyones welcomes and help this afternoon!!

its prob nothing but the lad said he'd only had the car 6 weeks yet the v5 wasnt in his name had been signed by previous owner we assume in the declaration section where both parties have to sign the signatures we didnt know whos they were?? and it had a date from mid last year. was really unsure to be honest!