The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Converting SZ into a GT35R Single?

Dragonball

Its in the region of 5k matey for a conversion from an n/a to a single...;)

Dont know what it is from a tt to a single though...

double or triple that for tt to single ;) (done properly with quality parts I should add)

So its cheaper for a n/a to go single than a tt to go single? i thought it would be more!

all the prices depend on how far you go.. do you buy a TT engine or do the NA? Ide buy an old TT enigne and rebuild it from the bottom up! So you could be looking at 5k just for the block, again depending on what you put in it! Then you have the Turbo kit, could be anything from £500 to 5k again depending on the parts! you get the picture..

or you could just buy a healthy TT engine and single that using the standard block, but again its gonna cost a fair whack of money...

So its cheaper for a n/a to go single than a tt to go single? i thought it would be more!

Only cheaper if he means an NA-T. The engine on the NA is different to the TT so you'd need a built TT lump ideally if you want the best performance, that's about £3k minimum in parts and labour. Then the turbo kit etc and fuelling, ECU as with a TT car. You'd probably want to upgrade the NA 5 speed box to the 6 speed unless you have got a 6 speed NA already, then there's the LSD etc.