The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What part is missing from my bumper?

Jim_1979

• 3 weeks later...
Is this the part that I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...spagenameZWD2V

I've just bought some of these from this supplier as no one in the uk seems to have any at the moment. :(

They don't accept international payment through ebay via paypal but I emailed them and you can pay through Paypal on an email address they could give you. (Saves an international bank transfer fee).

I've been dealing with [email protected]. The shipping to the uk is $45 though so it's an expensive hole filler!

I'll let you know how I get on in terms of delivery and product. I paid for them a couple of days ago and have had notification they've been shipped already and they've given me tracking numbers so I'm just waiting for Mr Postie!

Cool, let me know how they are mate.

Envy could supply me orange ones, but I would prefer clear. I suppose I could just tint out the orange ones as they won't actually be used as indicators anyway.

My orange ones will be coming off soon as the clear ones arrive - make me an offer for them, I got them from Envy anyway.

As you say you're not going to use them as indicators, you could just paint over them.

I believe there are no implications. They should be classed as auxiliary (optional) lights as long as you have working front indicators. Might be wrong.

what are the implications from an MOT perspective of having non-functional lights in those locations. I suspect that they would be treated as failed bulbs, and therefore constitute an MOT failure :blink: It might be worth finding out in advance.

Mike

I believe there are no implications. They should be classed as auxiliary (optional) lights as long as you have working front indicators. Might be wrong.

You could always wire them up as secondary repeaters & just take the bulbs out afterwards if you don't like them, or paint over the lenses.

Before

After

Took a bit longer than anticipated and it got a bit dark which explains the different lighting in the piccies!

These are the clear markers from Makoto Auto Trends via ebay. They came really quickly (as I would expect having spent $45 on postage!) and included 2 orange bulbs as well - which they don't say in the ebay listing.

However, they don't take international payments through ebay but they did give me an email address so I could pay via PayPal. I did that and emailed as well to make sure the link was made between the payment and the ebay listing.

With regards to fitting the lights they are pretty much 'plug and play' The pain is getting access to the nuts behind the bumper.

The passenger side is awkward but you can reach both nuts from underneath by squeezing your hand between bumper and washer bottle.

The drivers side is a different story. Because of the SMIC I had to take the wheel off to get the plastic protective case off the back of the SMIC in the wheel arch (yup, it's definitely easier to just get the wheel off!) to get access to the nuts. Then it's just remove the old and replace with the new but it took a bit longer than I had thought what with the whole wheel removal thing!

Car looks sooo much better now though although I'm going to put a dark tint on the orange ones I took off so I've got options if I want to put them back on. I might tint the front indicators too to match.