The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any news from the Supras at Time Attack?

Wez

Isnt that what pro and club class are for.

I was under the impression club was for the likes of me or you with limited budgets, and pro was for the likes for Envy or Whifbitz who have deeper pockets and more resources available to them.

A FIA GT1-2 class car is in another league entirely to a tuner special.

Hi guys, will post up more multimedia video (e.g. in car video) and pictures from the event in the next few days. Was a good blast for me with my first TA race. The weather was a bit daunting with quite a few cars smacking the walls when the grass had snow on it (i.e. cars just skated across the snow to the barriers). Once the track dried up the Supra could be a bit more competitive and I ended up being around 5th fastest out of 22 in my group (started off with the fasted time in the group, but some how a couple of the other cars gained over 5 seconds?!).

Final results were OK for our first run and good to know we still have more up our sleeves (e.g. mine needs boost put up, and suspension sorted, traction control setup, etc.). From memory my fastest time was 1:23.5.

Shame about the weather - as I guess it will have a put a number of people off :-(

Hi guys, will post up more multimedia video (e.g. in car video) and pictures from the event in the next few days. Was a good blast for me with my first TA race. The weather was a bit daunting with quite a few cars smacking the walls when the grass had snow on it (i.e. cars just skated across the snow to the barriers). Once the track dried up the Supra could be a bit more competitive and I ended up being around 5th fastest out of 22 in my group (started off with the fasted time in the group, but some how a couple of the other cars gained over 5 seconds?!).

Final results were OK for our first run and good to know we still have more up our sleeves (e.g. mine needs boost put up, and suspension sorted, traction control setup, etc.). From memory my fastest time was 1:23.5.

Shame about the weather - as I guess it will have a put a number of people off :-(

Looks like you gave SteveL a run for his money ;) Well done on bringing it home in one piece!

Ahh ok, so how does the superbattle work now then, before it was a warmup, hot lap and cool down, is this still the case.

Format now (for club class - which is now very similar to pro):

# Practice warm up session

# Qualification session 1 (20 mins)

# Qualification session 2 (20 mins)

# Final (20 mins)

They split the cars into 2 groups. Although for the first warm up both groups went out together as numbers were low so got 40 minutes of practicing which was cool. From memory it was the fastest time from either qualification session to get into the finals.

Yeah - I haven't rubbed it in too much yet ;-)

... don't worry - Marham is next :eyebrows:

TBH Ben did extremely well, as it was an absolute nightmare out there on Sunday. (This was the first outing in mine since all the work had been done, so I was still 'testing' really - thats my excuse :))

Saturday wasn't much better - what with a fiat uno blowing up in front of both of us and an S2000 spining out and nearly taking us out as well!

Ahh ok, so how does the superbattle work now then, before it was a warmup, hot lap and cool down, is this still the case.

Super battle for club class is the same as Pro now, we get 20 mins to get a best time down. But we have to qualify first.

Last year everyone got a stab at a fast lap.

I think both of us could have set better times had we used tactics during the practice sessions - but thats something Ben and myself need to work on as a team.

I can't see th point anymore in TT if people are going to run proper race cars.

it's a little frustrating I must admit - last year there was an LM Viper in the NA club class which walked away with the NA series title, but at the enf of the day for the club class its a bit of fun.

No one gets any serious prize money and they'll always be someone in it with deeper pockets.

I went on saturday for the drifting. I would like to have seen the time attack too. Still will be at JTS again this year for it. I did try and blag myway down the pits but no pass so that was that. Had a nice chat with Gaz Walker as Kev was cleaning the 350Z and to Mark (supragold) too. And to another guy, cant remember who, with the JDL oranage kitted supe with Veilside wing. It was looking really good:)